Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK. Maybe its the phase of the moon or the just the fact that members do not appreciate the trader being free or that it actually has some rules so I'll lay this out here for all to see and put it up in the announcement section.

Our trader is free. It always has been free. We want it to remain free.

If you use our trader-the busiest single free gun trader on the internet-you must read the rules.

We have rules for a reason-to try to manage the trader efficiently with a minimum or chit chat that impede the use of the trader. It is a classified trader for sale or trade. We ask that you keep personal comments and negative-as well as positive off the trader. Comments pertaining to more info from the seller or picture requests or I'll take it are fine. Things such as "Boy thats a great looking rifle, I had one in 1987 and I loved shooting it at the rock pit on the outside of town. It could hit a toads eye at 400 yds" are not fine. "Those rifles blow and your price is too high" is not fine. Your personal opinions on anything on the trader are not allowed.

If you feel that info is wrong or you want to add your comments for the seller or a potential customer them we simply ask that you PM them or e-mail them.

That allows the ad to be more streamlined and easier to surf.

If we were a print ad there would not be a way for such personal comments to be allowed. If we can not get some compliance with this request then perhaps we should go with a closed forum. You can post but there will be no replies possible. Just the posting with all communication being done privately. or go to a pay for use forum. We make nothing off the trader. Its there for the benefit of our members but it is a serious resource draw in manpower and use with the number of views and postings. With our sponsorship being down several members we need to watch the bottom line very closely.

Why do I post this stuff? because I am tired of our volunteer moderators getting abused via e-mail or PM, or of myself getting arguments from members and or complaints when they get a warning infraction asking that they please refrain from the chit chat on the trader.

What it comes down to is please follow the rules. If you are having a problem with that- then perhaps the trader is not for you. I don't want to be pushed into a corner but it would be not all that difficult to make the forum a closed posting forum or even to have 3 trader infractions trigger a suspension from that forum for the user.

The members here must realize that this site is a huge undertaking. It requires the daily help and work of dozens of unpaid volunteers who work for you for the betterment of our site and for the members. They do not deserve the abuse and foul treatment that they have been getting. Its not fair. Often times it comes from fairly new members but in many cases is coming from longtime members who feel they are above the rules. I do have to say that the next time I get a note from a moderator from a member telling them to go "F" themselves for receiving an infraction/warning from the trader-they will be suspended from the Gunboards system.

Enough of that now lets get back to fun stuff.

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,934 Posts
Just ban the crapper for a week and be done with it. They will get the message. I got a justified ding by Sean 'cuz I was stupid. I don't go there any more. Hopefully it will end and not lead to harsher measures. I belong to other forums that you pay for and if you are wrong it costs $. I will support the Mods. and Owners of this site in whatever they do. You have my word and support. John

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've been on other sites and they have important policy warnings that show up each time you try to post on the trader section. Maybe it can be done here too?
Often there are way too many "stickies" and people don't look at them.

I havn't bought much on the trader lately, not much interests me and with a $25 transfer fee and another $25 for the background check, a bargain isn't a bargain like it used to be :(

Thank you Vic and company, I've had some good times here :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts