Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can it please be made a rule that I'll take it trumps pm sent. To me that is chit chat and should be an infraction. If you've sent the person a pm obviously they will know, and it's not an indicator of a transaction. That's why I will still post I'll take it even if a pm sent has been posted. Case in point, I posted an I'll take it after a pm sent and its been 5 days and the pm sender still hasn't paid and the seller is still trying to wait for the guy to be fair. 5 days no payment! I have no patience for that type of foolishness.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,090 Posts
A guide line for trades possibly. But I don't feel the good moderators on Gunboards should be asked to get involved and try to rule on individuals transactions.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does it matter that moderators are involved in transactions?

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
How do you know the "PM" doesn't say "I'll take it"? You can't regulate what goes on behind the scenes that much.

I'm sorry you missed out but the fact is that you were second in line. The trader rules have worked like this for a very long time.

I also don't see how a "pm sender" being slow with payment has anything to do with who replied first. If they'd said "I'll take it" you're arguing they would have paid faster?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you know the "PM" doesn't say "I'll take it"? You can't regulate what goes on behind the scenes that much.

I'm sorry you missed out but the fact is that you were second in line. The trader rules have worked like this for a very long time.

I also don't see how a "pm sender" being slow with payment has anything to do with who replied first. If they'd said "I'll take it" you're arguing they would have paid faster?
That's why it needs to be a rule to post your intent. On other boards it is a rule. What if you as a seller have someone post pm sent just to tell you nice rifle i have one just like it or had one(this happens all the time or its a lowball offer). Then you as a seller must break the chit chat rule to say still available or wait it out a week to let people know. As a seller I really can't stand "pm sent".

·
Administrator
5,724 Posts
The 1st person to contact the seller and makes a deal should trump anything. Should not matter if you used a PM, email, text, phone....what's the difference? Keep in mind, a seller can decide who they want to sell to, even if it's not the 1st person to "claim" item (which is not theirs to claim).
Allan Schisel

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
LOL, I always tell folks to post "I'll take it", and some folks PM "I'll take it" and never post it in the thread. Same thing about payment, I post USPS MO is what I want for payment....again over the years some folks balk about doing that.....SMH...again and again...

But biz is biz and I am grateful for the folks who have bought my stuff over the years.

Pahtu.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
That's why it needs to be a rule to post your intent. On other boards it is a rule. What if you as a seller have someone post pm sent just to tell you nice rifle i have one just like it or had one(this happens all the time or its a lowball offer). Then you as a seller must break the chit chat rule to say still available or wait it out a week to let people know. As a seller I really can't stand "pm sent".
If you see "PM Sent" all you know is that a PM was sent. The item might or might not be available. Which is true even without the PM sent post. Proceed accordingly. It's not that hard or that big a deal. In the end it's up to the seller and we are forced to trust they are honorable. Most of the time it works.

Again, not picking on you, but this just seems like a sour grapes kind of complaint.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, I always tell folks to post "I'll take it", and some folks PM "I'll take it" and never post it in the thread. Same thing about payment, I post USPS MO is what I want for payment....again over the years some folks balk about doing that.....SMH...again and again...

But biz is biz and I am grateful for the folks who have bought my stuff over the years.

Pahtu.
How would you handle it if someone pm's an I'll take it and one minute later someone else follows directions and posts an I'll take it?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you see "PM Sent" all you know is that a PM was sent. The item might or might not be available. Which is true even without the PM sent post. Proceed accordingly. It's not that hard or that big a deal. In the end it's up to the seller and we are forced to trust they are honorable. Most of the time it works.

Again, not picking on you, but this just seems like a sour grapes kind of complaint.
Pm sent is chit chat and shouldn't be used. Point blank period. No sour grapes here, just starting a topic for debate that could lead to less confusion all the time, not most of the time.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,675 Posts
Why not just say "I'll take it, PM sent".
Because most likely they didn't say "I'll take it" in the PM. They were asking for pictures or something else.

I agree, a firm "I'll take it" should trump a "PM sent". But it's on the seller to do this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Agreed. It's on the seller. Their decision should not be forced (or enforced) by mods. There can be an indication in the post if there is some sort of rule on post precedence for buying, but lacking that it's a free country and the decision to sell, and to whom, lies squarely on the seller.

If you are offended by the way you feel treated by a seller you can ignore their future posts.

·
Banned
21,279 Posts
What if I posted this "I'll take it pending additional pics of the receiver and muzzle" and I'm the first post. Now the next guy just says "I'll take it". Who wins???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.