Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gunshow in Jackson, Mississippi today not intending to buy anything - in fact I was there to sell a couple of spare guns that I had. One of them was a refurb Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine. As I was waiting in line for the doors to open, the man in line behind me asked if he could see the M44. After looking at it for a moment, he asked if I would be interested in an even trade for his K31. I don't know much about the K31, but I did recognize what it was, and that they were highly thought of on the forum. I made the trade, and quickly realized I must have made a good deal as dealer after dealer asked if I wanted to sell it. The stock is a little beat up, but the metal is in very nice shape, the rifling looks good, and all the serial numbers that I could find match. I did some research on the web, and from the serial number it seems my rifle was made in 1952. Here are a few pictures of my K31 - so, how did I do?

·
Registered
715 Posts
like trading a beetle for a porche. Mass production vs fine craftmanship. You will be impressed the first time you shoot it

Kuntzer

·
Gold Bullet member
1,598 Posts
I think that you made a very good trade, I have both a K31 and an M44 and there is a world of difference in quality between the two. If you can, try it out with some Swiss GP11 ammo, one thing to remember is to follow Swiss army practice and lube the moving parts with grease not oil and you will find the action silky smooth.
ukrifleman.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Unless there was something special about the M44 (Finn capture, 1943 date or something else) you probably got a bit better deal, but if both are happy, then it's win-win.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.