Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Both rifles for your rc or just one m27 for your rc? What are the details on your Mauser? Value wise you would be on the winning end by far if it’s both of those rifles for your one rifle

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a tentative deal for my rc and a chinese tok for both but I had to 5hink it over. I said no and he countered both of his for my rc and a mismatched bayonet. Drive would have been 1.5 hrs each way to meet. I offered 100$ if he would make the drive to me because my son and wife are both sick.

He initially said yes then backed off.

Dou 44 in yugo reworked stock to look new. Electro pencil matched bolt but otherwise nonmatching.

I have it on Armslist trying to trade or sell for US or Brit commonwealth items.

Wood Musical instrument accessory Air gun Pattern Shotgun

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
We had a tentative deal for my rc and a chinese tok for both but I had to 5hink it over. I said no and he countered both of his for my rc and a mismatched bayonet. Drive would have been 1.5 hrs each way to meet. I offered 100$ if he would make the drive to me because my son and wife are both sick.

He initially said yes then backed off.

Dou 44 in yugo reworked stock to look new. Electro pencil matched bolt but otherwise nonmatching.

I have it on Armslist trying to trade or sell for US or Brit commonwealth items.

View attachment 4025275
I would have made the drive. 1.5 hours is a short trip for me and you would have about doubled your money on that deal

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Some guy catfished me once like this, “sure, I’ll trade, let me get back to you.” I got everything together, bought some stuff to seal the deal, more communication, then he went silent. I reached out to other people and found out that he had done this before.

Since I was younger - and less concerned with the impression I made on people - I decided to give zero fucks. I found his address online (through some deep digging) and emailed it to him and asked if he was okay with me picking the item up. An hour let he reached out and asked when I wanted to meet up with him.

God….

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finns are a bit more of a niche rifle and to get best value you need the right buyer.

Thanks to the average US citizens belief in the propaganda about the superiority of German weapons during WW2 that entry level k98 will be easier to sell if the time comes.

If the guy was local the deal would have been done but it turned out for the best since my son keeps what he liked anyway.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Trolls or Norwegians? :) I am not a fan of the Russian Commission rifle myself, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. There is nothing wrong with the K98 either, except maybe for the caliber itself...;)
The gun in question is an rc for Russian Capture. Those are refurbished K98 WWII rifles. Maybe you typed that wrong?

And not to nit pick, but; this is actually the Mauser forum not the M-N forum. Just a minor correction on your post #14. it may explain some of the (excessive?) Mauser newbie enthusiasm.

I dont get the caliber reference to the K98. What is wrong with the 8x57? I am loading and shooting that one, piece of cake. Kettle calling the pot black? Or a joke. It is so easy to get sideways on these forums. If that was a joke, never mind me.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I was just referring to the original forum that started out long ago as M-N. We still have an SVT and Commission rifle as the main logo for some reason. I too reload 7.92, 7 and 6.5 for my Mausers. Now just imagine all those k98s chambered in 7x57...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I was just referring to the original forum that started out long ago as M-N. We still have an SVT and Commission rifle as the main logo for some reason. I too reload 7.92, 7 and 6.5 for my Mausers. Now just imagine all those k98s chambered in 7x57...:rolleyes:
You been on this forum a lot longer than me. I heard it all started as a Mosin forum. You have to admit love for Mosin and Araska is more a recent phenom than USA or German arms. To fly way off topic, I dont get the hate for the Turkish mil surps. What is that about?

I do like the 7x57. I wish I could go back to early 1890's and select the us army issue rifle. Small ring 7x57. So then; nothing wrong with the 8x57. So many 6.5? The sweed has been a joy. Carcano, not at all. The Jap someday, maybe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts