Gunboards Forums banner

Toyoda Loom Works Bayonet - information and value?

742 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  132169 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an appropriate bayonet for my Series 34 Toyo Kogyo. I currently own an early war T30 bayonet, however I'd love a late war one for the Series 34. Does anyone know whether or not this particular bayonet would be appropriate, and if so, what would it be worth?

Auction description (no photos provided): Japanese Arisaka Bayonet and Steel Scabbard.395mm flat sided blue blade by Toyoda AutomaticLoom Works with Nagoya supervision. Sharpened190mm to point. Slab sided wooden grips.

I'm hoping this one has the rather aesthetically pleasing straight crossguard. If anyone has photos of one of these, please share! :)

Cheers,

D

#2 ·
From the absurdly vague description I'd guess the bayonet in question is the following pictured variation (I pinched the pic from ebay) It's a very common variation most often found with the pictured type of wood scabbard. Later Loom Works bayonets are found in all kinds of really fun scabbards including metal, so maybe the auction bayonet is one of them.

Who knows? Without pics, or a much better description, I'd pass. Jon
Metal Antique tool Scabbard

#3 · (Edited)
From the absurdly vague description I'd guess the bayonet in question is the following pictured variation (I pinched the pic from ebay) It's a very common variation most often found with the pictured type of wood scabbard. Later Loom Works bayonets are found in all kinds of really fun scabbards including metal, so maybe the auction bayonet is one of them.

Who knows? Without pics, or a much better description, I'd pass. Jon
View attachment 2056610
Awesome, thank you for this! It is quite vague. It would be a steel scabbard however; as the description states, as opposed to wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.