Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife allowing me to get one or the other.

I do want a 2nd m59/66. Just want another for field use, as my current one was a gift, and I do not want to damage it by using it. Want one I can not worry about getting beat up.

BUT, I don't have any 9mm tokarevs. So a 9mm tok REALLY appeals to me. Eventually, the 7.62 x25 will completely dry up, and we'll be stuck shooting over priced modern in it. So, a 9mm tokarev appeals to me greatly, and I only own 3 7.62 toks. What would you guys do?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,099 Posts
Wife allowing me to get one or the other.

I do want a 2nd m59/66. Just want another for field use, as my current one was a gift, and I do not want to damage it by using it. Want one I can not worry about getting beat up.

BUT, I don't have any 9mm tokarevs. So a 9mm tok REALLY appeals to me. Eventually, the 7.62 x25 will completely dry up, and we'll be stuck shooting over priced modern in it. So, a 9mm tokarev appeals to me greatly, and I only own 3 7.62 toks. What would you guys do?

Get the Tok; there are a lot of 59/66s in the country and you can alway pick up one at a gun show later when the wife relents.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called, got the price (on a friends ffl), but was told they do not yet have them. Know they are coming, but know they are on the way. Not a bad price at all for a brand new tok, and I intend SOMEHOW to get one. Already working on convincing the wife.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
Getting 7.62X25 doesn't seem to be all that big a problem to me.

Fiveseven ammo is currently charging $16.99 a box for Privi Partizan, Cabelas is currently selling Privi for $17.99, and Midway is backordered on Privi right now, but sells it for $17.09 when they have it.

There are also several dealers that are selling the Sellier and Bellot for under $20 a box.

I really don't consider any of these to be overpriced any more.

If you reload, once you have the brass, you are going to be in business for quite some time.

You can also cut down .223 cases and neck-turn them to fit in a pinch.

Currently I am feeding a Broomhandle, a 1943 Russian TT33, and a CZ52 with the same 7.63X25 Privi brass, loaded to work in all three pistols.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Getting 7.62X25 doesn't seem to be all that big a problem to me.

Fiveseven ammo is currently charging $16.99 a box for Privi Partizan, Cabelas is currently selling Privi for $17.99, and Midway is backordered on Privi right now, but sells it for $17.09 when they have it.

There are also several dealers that are selling the Sellier and Bellot for under $20 a box.

I really don't consider any of these to be overpriced any more.

If you reload, once you have the brass, you are going to be in business for quite some time.

You can also cut down .223 cases and neck-turn them to fit in a pinch.

Currently I am feeding a Broomhandle, a 1943 Russian TT33, and a CZ52 with the same 7.63X25 Privi brass, loaded to work in all three pistols.
Perhaps, but 9mm is six bucks per 50 cheaper than the lowest price quoted for 7.62x25mm. Might make a difference to some folks. Probably would to me, if I wasn't sitting on a few thousand rounds of N/C Norinco Tokarev ammo .........

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
Perhaps, but 9mm is six bucks per 50 cheaper than the lowest price quoted for 7.62x25mm. Might make a difference to some folks. Probably would to me, if I wasn't sitting on a few thousand rounds of N/C Norinco Tokarev ammo .........
I get your point, but I can pick up .311" 85-90 grain cast bullets at the local gun shows for 5 -10 dollars less per 500 than the 115-124 grain cast 9mm bullets go for. I don't cast my own (I used to, but just got away from it).

Once you have eaten the original cost for the cases, with the 7.62X25 you are going to be in Cheap City after that.

I tend to shoot and reload my .223 brass until it gets neck cracks, and then I cut down and 'recycle'' the cracked cases for my Broomhandle (which I do NOT need to turn the case necks for the cases to work in). I don't know how I could reload for any pistol much cheaper than that.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,176 Posts
Called, got the price (on a friends ffl), but was told they do not yet have them. Know they are coming, but know they are on the way. Not a bad price at all for a brand new tok, and I intend SOMEHOW to get one. Already working on convincing the wife.

What was the price?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts