Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

Still without my library, however there is finally light at the end of the tunnel! In the interim however, I'm still hamstrung when it comes to details regarding specific models.

Would someone please see if you can find a reliable source detailing the total number of the M1885 Mannlicher produced???

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Warmest regards,

JPS

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
According to Erich Gabriel, "around 5,000". ("Die Hand- und Faustfeuerwaffen der habsburgischen Heere", p.138)

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nick!

I can always count on you Bud! And Herr Gabriel as well! I purchased my copy his book store of the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum years ago. It's an excellent book.

Thanks for coming through yet again my Friend!

Warmest regards,

John

·
Super Moderator
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Andy,

Thanks for the heads up. I know that Heino has written about the M1885 and I just recently received a DVD from him covering recent info and published articles of his.

I know how thorough Heino and Yoshi have been in combing through the K.u.K. Archives!

Many thanks to you and Nick for chiming in!

Warmest regards,

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.