Gunboards Forums banner

Topic pictures

5K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Sarge 
#1 ·
Lets see if this works...

See less See more
#8 ·
Yep, I'd like to have the RPD myself. I had a near new chicom that I had to leave in Viet Nam, along with a folding stock AK, because they wouldn't let me bring it home. :mad:
What is the mfg & year on the MP 40 & MP 43-44, StG 44 - which ever it is?

Here are some of my play toys. All are functional except 3 - 2 MP 40 & 1 MP 44 dewats, though some never get shot. The 3 rd photo is MP 43, MP 44, StG 44 & MP 43. And then I think everyone should have a few spare parts.
Sarge

#11 · (Edited)
Hey MB
I can't do that, I'd be braking up the pair. :eek: :rolleyes:

dwm
One of those is an MP 38, but Yep, I collect MP 40s by year, preferably 660/bnz. I have a 122 40, bnz 41, 42 & 43. Still need a 44 & 45 and while I prefer bnz, I'll take anything made in those 2 years. I'm also hoping to some day get hold of a 660 40 and then will sell the 122 40. I have matching sets of magazines & loaders/pouches for all. The other 4 guns in the photo are my shooters.
Sarge

#13 ·
display

wow, I like your display, the MG 34 is great! What's the neat thing at the end of the table? If it's a Maxim, you hid the most interesting thing!!!!! :)

I'd love to get another MP40, I traded one off years ago for a Lewis gun, which I've loved, (and shot more than the MP) but I did like my MP40. I won't give up the Lewis, but perhaps I can find an MP40 for sale out there somewhere? :)

Glen

#16 ·
I have a problem with your reasoning, :rolleyes: because:
A. It is Impossible to have "way to many MP 40s"! ;)
B. I still need 2 - 44 & 45 - to have one for every year made. :(
C. Got to have shooters, can't shoot the good guns in the collection. :cool:

I'm also looking for a 1938 & 39 dated MP 38 to go with my 1940. :D
Sarge

#18 ·
That's probably a gun with way to much interest and thus very much overpriced. I'll just keep looking for run of the mill 38 & 39 dated MP 38s.
Be interesting to see what it looks like and what it will sell for.
Sarge

#20 ·
What do you mean "to expensive to shoot anymore"? Since when is 15¢ a rd +/- expensive compared to most other mill ball ammo????????
Sarge

#22 ·
Its expensive when I now have one daughter in colledge and another not to far behind. Also parts for the MP-40 are so damm expensive. I really wish I had more money to play with and enjoy my gun hobby. My MP-40 will go the grave with me.

#23 ·
40 parts shouldn't be a concern. I've been shooting them for 50 yrs and have only had a couple of recoil assys spring go bad. Now days new made springs are available cheap. Back then I had to go find another recoil assy.

You don't have to shoot up 500/1000 rds every time you go out. Take a few other guns and only put 2 or 3 mags thru the 40. That isn't expensive.
Sarge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.