Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was there today. I got there early and beat the line getting in. I didn't see any real interesting Mosin Nagants, most were refurbs and over priced. Saw some nice non RC 98k's that were priced reasonable, but I had little to spend. There were more people at this show than I have ever seen before with very little people bringing any carry in's. It didn't seem that ammunition was moving that fast, and many were just walking around with their hands in their pockets. I spent most of my time navigating around the crowd and found it hard to get a good look at things. I left early with some reloading dies and some .223 ammunition. The line to the ticket counter was still well outside the entrance doors at 11:00 A.M. when I left. Any other reports?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,818 Posts
I didn't go because I figured the one in Oshkosh on Dec 26th would be a bit closer...;);):D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was there today. I got there early and beat the line getting in. I didn't see any real interesting Mosin Nagants, most were refurbs and over priced. Saw some nice non RC 98k's that were priced reasonable, but I had little to spend. There were more people at this show than I have ever seen before with very little people bringing any carry in's. It didn't seem that ammunition was moving that fast, and many were just walking around with their hands in their pockets. I spent most of my time navigating around the crowd and found it hard to get a good look at things. I left early with some reloading dies and some .223 ammunition. The line to the ticket counter was still well outside the entrance doors at 11:00 A.M. when I left. Any other reports?
I almost went today, didn't make it, maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost went today, didn't make it, maybe tomorrow.
If you go tomorrow, be sure to bring a coat. You might have to wait in line outside the ExpoCenter. You'll find that coat to be a nusciance once inside though! Maybe there won't be as many there tomorrow, and it'll be easier to get around. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was way overcrowded! I spent my $120.00 worth, watched the crowd, and then left. I wish that I had the money to spend for a really nice Chinese SKS I spotted for $250.00. Oh well.. Another day.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did anyone notice that most of the bolt guns had the bolts ziptied down.I heard that it was a new gun show rule.kind of hard to buy a rifle when you can 'nt even look at the bolt or bore.Yhea it was cold outside and hot insude.maybe to many people.Did see some stuff I wanted to look at,but it was such a cluster,I just said to heck with it and left.

·
Silver Bullet member
3,500 Posts
Did anyone notice that most of the bolt guns had the bolts ziptied down.I heard that it was a new gun show rule.kind of hard to buy a rifle when you can 'nt even look at the bolt or bore.Yhea it was cold outside and hot insude.maybe to many people.Did see some stuff I wanted to look at,but it was such a cluster,I just said to heck with it and left.
Any dealer worth dealing with would gladly cut the ziptie so you can inspect the rifle, if you ask politely. He can easily replace it afterwards.
The shows I rent a table at recently started this rule, after an accidental discharge.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have seen a lot of them use to just tie the bolt back.I do'nt recall seeing as many tied like this.Just makes it kind of hard.I would image a lot of them woul'nt like every one that wants to see it and have to keep putting ties back on.Like you said a good dealer would'nt say a word,but there are ones that have attitudes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.