Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its a nasty day here on the Northern Plains and I cannot be in the fields so I decided hey I will take all the bolts out of my surplus rifles and clean them. Well I put them all together and Holy crap do I have alot of rifles! Just thought I'd share em'. Iron Metal Household hardware Tool accessory Steel

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
How about a picture of the rifles that go along with those bolts.... :grin:

·
Gold Bullet member
1,433 Posts
And you mixed everything up and now your rifles won't headspace, right? At least they're clean!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,303 Posts
Your problem is not whether you have too much time on your hands but rather: You do not have enough weapons on hand. I am sure you will
correct this short coming.

Nice to see that someone in the heartland has a basic battery of infantry rifles. We need more Americans like you.

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,449 Posts
By the way, I hunted Bloc Management just east of Flaxville about two years ago. I think the road we went south on was called Navajo Rd. We went south a few miles and came to some nice breaks. Saw a boat load of does and a few small bucks, but nothing worth shooting. We hunted that for two days then went a few miles south of Plentywood to some more Block Management. I saw a Mulie there that I would like to have shot, but he was much smarter than I was and made his escape. We gave up after awhile and went over to the CMR refuge. I really like hunting the Missouri breaks. The hunting pressure is bad and the bucks are pretty picked over, but it sure is pretty country.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,331 Posts
What's next? A buttplate cleaning session? At this rate, each rifle will be clean in another 12 weekends or so... hehehe. On a serious note, too many folks just let their stuff sit around and deteriorate. Something oiled when you picked it up does not last for years in the same shape. Good on you for maintenance!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Eezox has been a lifesaver in the last 3 years I was in the Army, especially my year overseas. I keep my collection at home, and my Dad is gun savvy but to ask him to check, clean and oil over 200 weapons would be too much.

I have not had rust on any weapon I have treated with Eezox, some over 2 or 3 years ago.

Now that I am about to get out and return home, I am looking forward greatly to doing the same, just taking my time and going over each of my firearms and re-Eezoxing it and knocking the dust off, literally. I did find one of my 03 Springfields that I guess I did not Eezox, just oiled, and it had some "dust rust" on the muzzle and first 1" of the bore, I nearly had a stroke and promptly wiped the whole bore with Eezox. I am thinking it had some fine frost there and old rust just grew out of it.

Even more importantly, looking forward to actually being able to shoot my weapons! No better excuse to go over each one and clean, than after a range session with it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts