Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to see increasingly empty shelves more often and local Wal-Mart is re-starting purchase limits on select items .. but not toilet paper explicitly YET.. wait for it ..wait for it...or not

·
Registered
244 Posts
AmmoSgt , TP and PT runs have already happened on the South end . Good news is my brother found and bought some bacon flavored Spam , bad news is he hates Spam , and hasn't eaten any in 48 years , could be sign of end times , hard times at the very least . Scared people can do scary things , given the past few days it might pay to be just a little scared , and if buying extra TP makes someone feel more secure , I say go for it .

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
Isn't TP just another staple product that everyone who would read this forum already has in abundance? I always figured it was ubiquitous in survival stores, like batteries, beans and coffee. My pantry is full of canned goods and under the loft in my storeroom is filled with dry goods including TP. That's the way it is done here.

Reactions: fourbore

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One way to tell the Pro's from the hobbyists preppers is that they use a written plan, checklists, up to date inventories to make sure nothing gets missed, nothing falls thru the cracks, and make an effort to be situationally aware of the logistical situation..

Even the most experienced pilots who have taken off hundreds of times use a check list, and yet accident reports continue to list failure to extend flaps on take off or failure to extend the landing gear when trying to land.

You think you can have everything in your head and will never miss something .. I'm impressed.. more power to you

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well I was able to get through the last tp shortage because of crs every time I went shopping I couldn't remember if we needed tp or not so I bought it first time ever my lack of memory paid off .but thanks to you ammo and others here I now have a spare bedroom full of tp, pt and food that I stocked up on throughout the summer. Thank you guys. I did notice the last time I was shopping they were low on water. Not the more expensive kind but the cheap store brand. We live on a lake and that's where we get water but I don't feel comfortable drinking it but I get it at work and other various places so I'm not worried and I can filter it or boil it if I have to

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Some folks “neck beard” hoard .22LR ammo. My wife is a TP neck beard.....
We have enough stored in plastic tubs in the attic of my garage for years! Haha
Oh I’ve been stocked on food and ammo since I got serious about being prepared circa 2012 when the end of times was certain to come....

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
TP? and you guys call yourselves "preppers/survivalist"

you have 2 hands that you were born with and I'm sure you have access to water to wipe your butt crack with if there is a TP shortage like last time

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I end up posting this on every Toilet paper thread .. so for the newbies that ain't seen it

Tissue on the Range.mov - YouTube

maybe we need a toilet paper sticky.. although there is little in this world worse than sticky toilet paper

Yes ,you can use seagulls twice.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Gentlemen, the TP emergency, simply needing "emergency legislation". Require that all the snail-mail spam in mailboxes be printed on TP! My case, lifetime supply for sure! Maybe even to burn, heat the house; TP that is, not 'dung'! Also interesting to conjure some day, nature's survivors"... "Constipated!" shall inherit the earth!
"No Sxxx"?
Best & Stay Supplied!
John

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Every trip to Wally World my wife comes out with at least one package of TP. We bought a 20 foot shipping container a few years ago and that thing is about 1/4 full of TP. I think the TP might be a good barter item pretty soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife used to wonder about our stored preps---she knew I was raised poor and often had no food in the house, so she didn't object to me storing food of all sorts, and TP, meds, water, etc. When the lockdown hit in early 2020, and many folks were desperate for common supplies like TP, she realized our situation was really good and now she understands how important this is and is fully on-board...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.