Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
You know getting the front band on will be a big job; and likely look "bad" when done.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It's not a Nagoya rifle, like you named your pics, it's a Tokyo Juki Kogyo made rifle. It's one of the early ones that used formerly rejected stocks. Bubba always messes with the hard to find ones.

It would be nearly impossible to find a stock to match yours as they are unique to the early 27th series, so maybe about 5,000 made, who knows how many survive and if you get a stock it will probably come from one unmolested. Normally you could just splice in a front half under the barrel band and call it a day, but in these the cleaning rod hole, cleaning rod release button and the front band screw holes were filled in.
Wood Air gun Gun barrel
Tree Plant Wood Trunk

·
Silver Bullet Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks diss0lutus those are great pics. I put Nagoya because it was shorter,lol TJK under nagoya supervision. Yes it will be hard to find the parts but Its the thrill of the chase for me and I have nothing but time for sure. I had to buy it Bubba or not like you said it was a very low number made rifle. If anyone has any parts I can use please let me know.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,550 Posts
It does not look like your stock has been "Bubbed". I think you will be able to bring it back to life. I believe it will take a separate forestock and the short hand guard and the solid rear band. I do not think it used the modified early 2 piece stock, it's duable, I think.
Patina shadows on top of the barrel should indicate what type of stock was on it previously.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts