Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To shoot & enjoy or not shoot & gaze upon. 91/30 Sniper questions about condition

The rifle: CIA ST ALB VT, 1944 serial HM(NM-English)13xx. Every proof mark on the rifle & scope mount is Izhevsk. Muzzle crown is blued. Bolt way is not in the white, but is not smooth either, no wear or burnish of the machine marks. Bolt assembly has no wear/grind marks, is all Izhevsk marked. Stock has half liners, front & rear. Barrel bands are Izhevsk. Rear half of receiver is polished. Buttplate is marked but un-numbered. Floor plate not visibly ground & remarked. Barrel bore condition is what I call mirror bright. Old scope serial lined out & appears to have been Б-42260x.

Scope mount is electropenciled with the last four of the rifle serial near bottom & four digit scope number at the top of the mount, between the rings & lightening cuts.

Scope is a replacement(I think) PU, marked vertically N08xx with a boxed X & letter M. Markings appear engraved through the finish. No factory logo is seen.

The sling that came in the bag of accessories is different looking, still tied together with little leather thongs.

Should I take it apart & look anything? Or just shoot & enjoy.

Pics tomorrow if this is interesting enough.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,901 Posts
If you married, say, Taylor Swift, would you actually be happy just LOOKING at her?

Shoot It!
More realistically, would SHE be happy with you trying to do more than just looking at her? I want a girl like that - not as my reward for being good, but as her PUNISHMENT for being bad:laugh:

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
Seems to me you could do both... Not mutually exclusive categories, and when you aren't actually firing it, then my all means put it up on the mantle or whatever.

Oh. One more thing. It is, after all, your rifle and so it is your decision. No need to consult the experts of the "hive mind." :)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
I shoot everything, even my m27rv, and that sniper rifle has certainly already been shot. You won't wear it out in any normal use of a few hundred rounds here and there!

If you owned a used Ferrari, would you leave it in the garage for the rest of your life? (Not to mention Taylor Swift...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.