Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,Im working on a deal with a shop and inquired if they had an arisakas im thinking of adding another to the family of 1. The shop guy mentioned that he had a few,as well as one that was captured in Korea.

Nagoya Series 4
Matching numbers
No monopod
No Mum
Stock has some battle dings
Finish Very Good
Bore Good

I have no pictures unfortunately.They do however have capture papers for it,and a tag that was used to identify it after capture,theres also some information on the officer that brought it back. It also has a sling sewn onto the front band.They are Asking 395+40 to ship. Im debating on wether to buy it or not.What do the experts think.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,639 Posts
Tough call, $200 rifle, $100 papers and tag, if numbered to the rifle, it all hinges on the sling! I'm inclined to think it $100 too much.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Shipping price seems high! Is it coming to you in a hardcase? It's a little high, but all the paperwork would make me jump on it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If the papers match the gun (sounds like they do) I think that is a great price.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shipping includes a case.It is a very tempting piece,im standing on the balance. I believe the gentleman said its still in its original caliber 7.7.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sounds very expensive, I got a Nagoya 4th series for only 190 including a bayonet. But if the papers are numbered to the gun, I would buy it, try to haggle down the price.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
GenEnglehorn. If you don't buy it let me know, I will. Board members will tell you that I'm a sucker for "overpriced" rifles with history. Rodent.

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
yeah well, i got a mummed and amtching series 33 TK 99 a few months back for $700 and it had a bring back tag on it that was serialed to the gun. ANY bring back Japanese arms are very hard to find and will command a huge premium! dont let it sit and kick yourself later!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aye,these dangerous japanese pieces of art are really dryin up and the ones with papers are goin even quicker.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Josh, your price was anomaly. I doubt you will replicate it anytime soon.

CptEnglehorn, I think you should jump on it. It doesn't sound too bad, unless it is really beat condition-wise.
Also, is your member name a refrence to a certain captain that went to Skull Island?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts