Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a crate of this ammo years ago and now wish I would have bought some more. Seems to me it was 38.00$ and shipping for the crate at that time. What I have shot has all gone bang without problems. Hopefully someone can attest to accuracy.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Looking through some Items.. Want to confirm the Title post... The good bad ugly ?
Thanks !
I have shot quite a bit of it over the years in Gew98s, one Kar98az and 98/22s. Always goes bang and is not as hot as Turk 8mm or the newer Yugo 8mm so more pleasant in a short Mauser. It's not as accurate as the Yugo 8mm but not bad either. A little dirty but I clean my guns after every shooting so good stuff overall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have shot quite a bit of it over the years in Gew98s, one Kar98az and 98/22s. Always goes bang and is not as hot as Turk 8mm or the newer Yugo 8mm so more pleasant in a short Mauser. It's not as accurate as the Yugo 8mm but not bad either. A little dirty but I clean my guns after every shooting so good stuff overall.
I went through a tin of this myself, the accuracy was not as good as Yugo 70s or Turk 40s in my vz24. The oddest thing I found was that the steel case does not seal as well as brass when firing and you notice a bit of blowback which I did not like, it seemed to require more cleaning due that as well.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
What do you guys consider accurate in terms of this ammo?
Will it hit consistently a man size target at 500m?
Just curious about the accuracy comments.
I'm not a good enough shot to hit anything at 500 yards with surplus ammo and iron sights. You should have reasonable groups at 100 yards depending on how your rifle likes it. That's the longest range I have shot Romanian 8mm on. The 1970s Yugo would be best bet for longer range (or German 8mm if you can find it) and tighter groups. All that being said, I enjoy shooting the Romo more because it is less tiring on the shoulder (recoil).

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm not a good enough shot to hit anything at 500 yards with surplus ammo and iron sights. You should have reasonable groups at 100 yards depending on how your rifle likes it. That's the longest range I have shot Romanian 8mm on. The 1970s Yugo would be best bet for longer range (or German 8mm if you can find it) and tighter groups. All that being said, I enjoy shooting the Romo more because it is less tiring on the shoulder (recoil).
in a good rifle I expect my "milsurp" ammo to shoot 4MOA or less.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.