Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,237 Posts
I'll be there Saturday. Always a hit-or-miss show for me. But I got lucky last time when I found a Tula Finn Mosin Dragoon that needed a bit of TLC for $100. You never know. Plus, it's only 15 minutes from my house so it'd be a shame to not put aside an hour out of the weekend for rooting out potential goodies.

· Registered
1,237 Posts
I saw that SVT 40 as I was leaving. It was drawing a small crowd and hadn't even left the entrance! All the decent stuff I saw was Japanese today. A nice Type 44 that someone snapped up and a couple of Type 99s. I've been looking for a last ditch T99 and found a nice example for $169. The only nice Mosin I saw was a Dragoon that came from Clay's estate. Unmatched but in VG condition for $265 after a 20% discount they were offering on all used firearms. Looks like Finn Collector got the only other good Mosin deal of the show (barring any walk-ins). Otherwise it was a bit underwhelming. Just not enough firearm dealers for my liking, though the accessory dealers did have interesting and neat stuff. Fed my Enfield fetish with a new, still-in-the-wrap No9 bayonet for $25 and found a NZ L1A1 stock covered with hideous green paint for $10. including the buttplate. I can still smell the coachwood under the coat of paint! Can't complain too much about the show as it only cost me 'bout $2 in gas money.
Next stop; York @ the end of the month, always worth the drive (if I have any coin left, bid on a Webley MkI Naval semi-auto at Poulin's big auction this weekend, I'll know on Monday if I need to empty my checking account!).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.