Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALCON,

I wanted to let everyone know that the wife and I have decided to retire from active duty after almost 22 years. I have a good follow on career with a civilian aerospace firm that will allow me to continue to serve my country as a contractor. Looking forward to no more trips to the sandbox, a Fu Manchu beard, and spending more time with my family and my hobbies. Tennessee.................here we come! :thumbsup:

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
Congrats on moving on to the next phase of your life. Many are never willing to take that plunge. Good Luck !

·
Diamond Bullet Member
24 Posts
Good Luck to you. I did not want to retire in 2006 after 29 years but it was the best thing for me and my family. Thank you for your service and I know you will continue to do good things, although in a different "uniform".

·
Banned
595 Posts
Thank you for your service.

Retired from the Army in 2003, just now learning how to calm down.

·
Banned
595 Posts
Its a completly new world out here, did you know if they keep you over eight hours in a single day, they have to pay you time and a half. To top it off they say, would you mind working over, and thanks for your dedication.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,964 Posts
congratulations! first thing I did when I got out was grow a beard. looked like grizzly adams for a while. sometimes still do, but the damn thing's turned white now.
life's a lot different, habits aquired on active duty can be hard to break. 13 years after discharge now, and I still show up at least 15 minutes early everywhere I go. not worried about being late these days, what are they gonna do? restrict me to work? At least I usually get a cup of coffe out of the habit.
enjoy the retirement! y'all have a good day, Keith

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,912 Posts
Well done, it's obviously well deserved. Thanks for your service and dedication.
Pat

·
Gold Bullet member
3,077 Posts
Congrats on your retirement! I hung up my uniform last September after 23yrs. It took me 6 months to get used to my hair touching my ears and like Keith said I still show up to appointments 15 minutes early! I decided to give my face a break and threw out the disposable razors. Now I trim my beard twice a month with clippers! Good luck with the new job!

PAshutr3

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Thanks for your time and efforts, much appreciated.

Retiree myself a couple years back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts