Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw this M28 advertised on broker as a M27. Being that it was a Tikka I bid it to $600 shipped and won. I prefer patina and bumps and bruises over "unissued" anything. Well, this thing really exceeded my expectations. Multiple Guard district numbers, antique receiver that is Finn matched to bolt, and Dragoon rear sight are just a few things I like. I know prices continue to creep up on the stuff we like but it sure is nice to get something cool with your money. Anything I missed? Thanks for looking, John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more pics...

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
13,135 Posts
Very nice! Congrats!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,931 Posts
Great addition Johnny!

Hard to say no to a seasoned M28. One of my favorites is a worn, beat up, barrel shortened SIG barrel M28 that I picked. It was kept serviceable through lots of effort and surely saw lots of hard use. Gotta appreciate those rifles.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats! I saw it too but the wife is at her wits end with the packages showing up 😅 great price!
Luckily my wife and I work different shifts. By the time she gets home each day I have played with my new toys and they are locked away and she has no idea. Lol

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,619 Posts
Congrats, Not sure but think I only have one rifle from that district. Not sure if it was so rural that the CG units to that area were small in numbers or that most were lost to attrition during the war? I have a number of M28 rifles from the Viipuri district, those too are a prize to me. Regards, John.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Not sure if it was so rural that the CG units to that area were small in numbers or that most were lost to attrition during the war?
I think Sortavala Civil Guard District records have survived better than nearby Viipuri Civil Guard District records, mainly because the City of Sortavala was not extensively bombed and there were no land battles fought around the city during the Winter War. There were far more people in the Viipuri Civil Guard District than Sortavala Civil Guard District on 31 December 1939 (population calculated according to ecclesiastical and the civil registers, not actual persons living in the municipalities at the time).

City of Viipuri: 74,403 persons
City of Sortavala: 4710 persons
Municipality of Korpiselkä (which Ägläjärvi was part of): 3584 persons

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.