Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked this Tikka barreled 91/30 up from the auction house. Looks unissued, both metal and wood.

Bolt and barrel matching and the barrel is "plum" like some of the "B" barrel M39's are.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
This post absolutely made my day. That Tikka 91/30 you've got there is one of my absolute "must have Mosins"! Simply awesome.

I cannot make out your date, but is it a '42 or '44?

Let us know how it shoots...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys.

It is dated 1944. I wondered about the globe and post front sight. I read somewhere that the Finn 91/30's had a blade front sight.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks, guys.

It is dated 1944. I wondered about the globe and post front sight. I read somewhere that the Finn 91/30's had a blade front sight.
I think the Finns used both but you are correct that they designed a blade front sight for the M30. Maybe Vic can weigh in on this with more detail. You got a good one all around.
Flakshield

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nice stock! Nice rifle!

The Finns used both front sights on these rifles.

In California it is very hard to find one of these - God job.

I bet that it will shoot great.

Tiledude

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
In general if the Russian/Soviet parts were still in functional shape it was retained. As a result you will find Tikka M91/30 made from old M91 (3 Line Rifle) and M91/30. Variations of these rifles include polygonal and rounded receivers made from these former parts. As a result one of the more common variations is the front sight containing the Finnish blade front sight or the original Soviet era post and round protector.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,688 Posts
Great looking rifle. These were only made in 1943 and 1944 and then in limited numbers so they are getting hard to find in some areas of the country. You got a particularly attractive rifle.
Beautiful stock on a great rifle.....With the extremely limited numbers made, these will be
hard to find anywhere before many years pass........

·
Silver Bullet member
1,427 Posts
Wow, Beautiful Rifle! I hope to find an example like that someday.

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
Your rifle looks very nice! These rifles when found in "mint" condition just look awesome.

I've been collecting information on these rifles for over three years now. I have over 300 rifles and their information in my database. There have been some trends that have developed after collecting this information. One of these days, I will make an announcement to my findings. But in general, these rifles can be found with but strictly Finn features, strictly Soviet features with exception for the barrel, and a combination of both. But, that depends on some things.

If anyone likes, they can follow the link in my signature line and post their rifles information, or they can send me a PM. I know there's more info out there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.