Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Silver Bullet Member
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to an auction today and came home with a 1944 Tikka 91/30 sniper. I gave a little more than I wanted to, but I am going to let you guys tell me what it is worth and tell me if its a real one or a Century Int. fake. This rifle is a 1944 its in a Finn round finger jointed pot belly stock, the wood is like new, it has a Finn cleaning rod, it is a round receiver, has the type of sling swivels that don't have sling slots for the dog collar but has the wire swivels, has an early CAI stamp on the barrel. The muzzle crown is recessed or I should say that it (crown) is not like any of my other 91/30's, bolt and barrel shank numbers match, lined out mag floor plate, the scope number (located on the side of the mount) matches the bolt and barrel shank, but I see nothing more on the scope.
Is this thing legit, and can you tell me what it is worth? What can you tell me about the scope, Is this some knock off Century put on it? I can't post pics tonight but will later.
Thanks

· Mr. Flashy Pants
7,372 Posts
I'd bet Century built it. Even if they didn't, I'd bet the Finns didn't either. I think Century used original scopes and mounts on these so that's worth some money right there. The rifle is nothing more than a shooter now. I'd say the low end is $400 (same as the current reproductions) and the value of the scope and mount if they're original could take it higher than that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.