Gunboards Forums banner

Thread pitch for the KKW trainer rod?

787 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Don Schlickman 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the thread pitch of the KKW stacking rod is? I made some a number of years ago and now I want to make some more of them but none of the taps and dies, I have, fit the rods I made previously. Thank you, Don

#2 · (Edited)
Water Gas Tints and shades Bumper Metal
Tints and shades Electric blue Wrist Human leg Air gun

Don, does the diameter of 3.3 mm x 0.5 pitch sound right? I think I received this rod from you many years ago, my kkw has been duffle cut repaired and I never drilled through the repair biscuit to fit the rod. i have metric pitch gauges but don’t have the eyesight to use them anymore. I have my calipers set on 0.5mm here and it seems right… but, please do not depend on this, I tried to find the info in my few references but no luck.

#4 ·
does the diameter of 3.3 mm x 0.5 pitch sound right?
It sounds like that the thread in question may be M3.5 X .6 This is because when a male/external thread is measured on it's diameter, one normally expects the measurement to be a little bit less than the true diameter to the thread. i.e. a measurement of 3.3 or 3.4 mm thread diameter would be consistent with a M3.5 thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.