Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I think I stole my Miltex

I walked up to a table at a Tampa Suncoast gunshow about 5 years ago and witnessed a guy who couldn't make up his mind twixt a grody Tokarev and a bright chrome Arsenal Miltex. While the guy was gooning out, I signaled Phil, the table owner that I was ready to pay for the Mitex. Phil had just the pistol and one mag and was asking $200. Well, I was chomping at the bit and Phil told the other considering buyer that I had bought the Miltex. The other guy had no idea what a Makarov was, not to mention a Miltex. Anyway I completed the transaction and the gun was mine. Just as I was about to leave Phil's table with my "score" the previous owner, a young Coast Guarder arrived with the original green box, the manual, extra clip (numbered to the other) tool and original key lock and told me that he was just short some cash on what he wanted and asked me if I would I pay $30 for what he had. I couldn't wait to hand him the moola!
The entire package was and is pristine, not a scratch or mark anywhere. Mr. Coast Guard told me that he had bought the whole she-bang new and that he had run maybe two clips thru the gun. I shoot my weapons, so I ran another two clips thru it.
So, I wound up with all of the above for $230.

If I can only make time, I'll post some pics.

Ah! The good old days!

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes, Satchel, by all means post some pics when you can. Miltex Maks are highly praised around here.
I stumbled on to a used chrome/nickel Miltex also, a few years ago at a pawn shop for about the same price you paid. It didn't have any accessories however.
Later sold it to a forum member last December.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.