Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,618 Posts
No , m/94's have been seen dated as late as 1918 . Since the wood is numbered in the barrel channel , we cannot say for sure the wood matches .

·
Administrator
934 Posts
I have also one CG 1917, all matching. The conversion to 94-14 have nothing to do with production year or serial number of the reciever/ rifle/ carbine.
Plant Plant community Wood Terrestrial plant Tool

Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Wood Grass
Plant Leaf Wood Grass Terrestrial plant
Door Wood Fixture Gas Font

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,767 Posts
Pushing up on 2K...that almost fills my gas tank!!
Just go out and buy a new $65,000 EV you silly goose.. Anyone can do it! Why not grab 2.

--
I've stopped using the term "crazy" for what's happening with prices today.. But I'm still amazed with what some folks are paying for certain rifles. It makes you wonder if these are newer collectors willing to pay whatever it takes for an instant collection or if it's long term collectors just scratching off an item on the bucket list. Nice rifle but too rich for my blood.

Reactions: timmct

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
So you’re saying I should have bought one a couple years back when good clean ones were going for $600-800? Yeah I might have missed the boat. Guess my M96 will have to suffice for a Swede in my collection.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I have 5 unmodified m/94 carbines dated 1917 in my survey. Interestingly enough, 4 of the five have unit disks marked A4 or A5.
I suppose the one without a disk in your survey is mine. It's s/n 90,089. It's in better condition than the one posted by the Op. Except it has had the V notch deepened although that modification is hardly noticeable. Wow, I never thought the value would go this high & I'm glad I bought it when I did.
Regards
Dan

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Serial number is 90089, initials are HK, Model 94 (never had an extension), 1917, no disk, and I think the wood is elm. The stock is a tight straight grained wood with no figuring anywhere. I've attached a picture of the stock.
Brown Wood Rectangle Varnish Hardwood

Dan

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,618 Posts
Serial number is 90089, initials are HK, Model 94 (never had an extension), 1917, no disk, and I think the wood is elm. The stock is a tight straight grained wood with no figuring anywhere. I've attached a picture of the stock.
View attachment 3976256
Dan
Lets see the opposite side of the stock . That is where the disc should be . Need more photos to see if you have an Elm stock ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts