Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I couldn't figure out how to link to photobucket, but I succeeded in uploading it.

As I understand it these will go away in a short while??

This picture is for Lee Speed if he is watching. Not off-topic really. I am going to hunt these fellows with my 1640 in a few more weeks. Had this pair on trail camera for 3 years now. I know they are both 5 year olds. Best two of 4 shooters on my farm.

6.5x55 with 140 Grain Sierra Game King Home Made ammunition will be the prescription.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Jim, there are two ways to get photos onto your post. Either directly from your own hard drive or from photobucket. You can do the thumbnails with the Manage Attachment button in the Additional Options window. All you have to do is copy the URL at photobucket and then paste it into the box on the mange attachment page. For big photos in the text you have to go through a couple of windows and use the "Advanced" options and upload the photos. How did I do on that explanation? :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice Deer, I can believe 3 1/2 maybe 4 1/2 years old.....

Those are a couple nice bucks but I would be very surprised if they are 5 1/2 years old. They don't appear to have that belly you see on a 5 1/2 year old deer. What state are you in?

The 140gr in the 6.5x55 will work quite well on them. My son took a nice 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 year old last year with a 120gr Nosler BT out of a custom built rifle with a 6.5 barrel. The buck ran 20 yards and piled up. Here is a picture. It scored 161 and was 19 3/4" ouside spread after it dried.

The picture looks dark because I did not use a flash and it was just 45 minutes after legal shooting light.

Smokepole50

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice deer. Obviously a proud young man.

Have had these two bucks on trail cam since 2004 when the ten was a small 9 pointer and the other a big tall six. 4 1/2 as minimum.

We are getting too far off topic, moderators will through us out.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Mauser22, this is OT also, but I figured since this is a new post, I'd do it this way. There are folks out there that would like to see the photos that go with the HVA/Remington magazine adaptation post - If you need some help just holler and I can help. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts