Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a K98 and was given Mitchell Mausers as a possible source. Has anyone bought from them and were you happy w/ your purchase?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,534 Posts

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
None finer, I would rather have one than my Grandpa's all matched museum grade K98!!!
(Oh wait, my Grandpa fought in WWI,not WWII)
So, NEVERMIND!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah. MM is a very good company to deal with. and their K98s are for the most part original. wait till you get their collector grade for $800!! You'll cry when you see those original stampings!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Run a search on MM or just scroll thru a page or 2 looking for MM threads.
To summerize what you will find:
Faked.
Overpriced.
Marketing based on pure deception.
That seems to be the generally accepted conclusion.

Want a reasonable price on an honest K98k look-a-like ?

Russian capture , Yugo capture, post-war Czech. The real deal , no bad after-taste.

·
Banned
7,242 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Run a search on MM or just scroll thru a page or 2 looking for MM threads.
To summerize what you will find:
Faked.
Overpriced.
Marketing based on pure deception.
That seems to be the generally accepted conclusion.

Want a reasonable price on an honest K98k look-a-like ?

Russian capture , Yugo capture, post-war Czech. The real deal , no bad after-taste.
Also, don't forget they received a grade of "F" from the BBB.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,456 Posts
Collecting or shooting?

If you want it to shoot, consider the Yugo 24/47 no available nearly everywhere. Big 5 & Dunhams have often had them on sale for $79.95. They are usually in near-unissued excellent condition & are fine shooters.

·
Silver Bullet member
915 Posts
That just means that they have a lot of un-educated, satisfied customers. It does pay to decieve people into believeing they are getting the real deal, not that it is right. Just wait till the suckers go to get a "return" on their investment! (only 3 complaints in 36 months, pretty short term records)

·
Gold Bullet Member
768 Posts
An article in our local paper about an overhaul of the BBB system just might account for the change.

Rad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts