Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at them for a long time and have hesitated because of the stiff trigger and the small mags (only 6 rounds) but. I might as well get one before they are all gone. I found a dealer that still has some for sale and they all seem to be in about the same excellent condition. My question is. Which is more desirable? The older 1968 or the newer 1976? Do I want older or newer?

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
I have been looking at them for a long time and have hesitated because of the stiff trigger and the small mags (only 6 rounds) but. I might as well get one before they are all gone. I found a dealer that still has some for sale and they all seem to be in about the same excellent condition. My question is. Which is more desirable? The older 1968 or the newer 1976? Do I want older or newer?
Good question. There were some changes made around 1972(?) so the P-64 can be separated into two sub-variations. If you can, get one of each.

·
Silver Bullet member
101 Posts
If you can, get one of each.
Perhaps, due to the lack of available replacement parts, you should get two of each???

·
Gold Bullet Member
964 Posts
The hammer spur was enlarged a bit and the trigger mech was slightly changed.

I'd like to get one too but due to the draconian gun laws in MA I most likely won't be able to unless I find an FFL who decides to ignore the AG's and Executive Office of Public Safety's stupid regulations. Hey maybe I'll be able to find one made in '64, four years from now and I can use my C&R to bring it in legally! :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts