Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hello,

It depends on its role.

I generally carry a full-size 1911. However, there are times that I would like a pocket pistol. I once owned an LCP, but traded it off for a sidelock black powder rifle, if I recall. I really shouldn't have, and am after another one.

I would recommend a Ruger LCP to you, as well, if you're set on a .380. If you can go a bit bigger, please consider a compact 9mm for carry. The .380 still qualifies as a mouse gun, and 9mm or .38 Special really steps up performance required in a self-defense pistol.

Regards,
Josh

Reactions: Speedy1

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Been thinking about a DA .380 for carry. Right now I carry a Sig P238 and I’m still a little dubious about the whole cocked and locked thing.
Any suggestions?
You don’t have to. Just carry it with the hammer down. One thumb move to cock it is almost the same as taking off the safety when cocked and locked and you’re ready. Or, if you’re really paranoid you can engage the safety with the hammer down, though you should practice. I have one and it’s a fine carry gun.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Been thinking about a DA .380 for carry. Right now I carry a Sig P238 and I’m still a little dubious about the whole cocked and locked thing.
Any suggestions?
I am a big fan of my Glock 42. It is large enough for me to shoot more accurately while also being very comfortable to carry. I usually carry it iwb, but it will carry well in a pocket holster also.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I am a big fan of my Glock 42. It is large enough for me to shoot more accurately while also being very comfortable to carry. I usually carry it iwb, but it will carry well in a pocket holster also.
A striker fired gun with the only “safety” in the trigger in a pocket holster? I’d rather not play Russian roulette with my femoral artery or my balls.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
A striker fired gun with the only “safety” in the trigger in a pocket holster? I’d rather not play Russian roulette with my femoral artery or my balls.
A striker fired gun that literally won’t go off unless you pull that trigger. Which means either you’re an idiot and keep your finger on the trigger or you bought a crap holster and it folded inside the trigger guard.

Not to mention glocks have more safeties than the one in the trigger

I never thought I’d see a thread where supposed gun enthusiasts consider carrying hammer down and trying to draw a hammer back in a self defense situation is safe but carrying a Glock in a quality holster isn’t.

As far as OP, I have a ruger LCP II and combined with a seven round magazine fills out the hand and shoots well. I’ve touched it exactly zero times after acquiring a p365 as the p365 can fit anywhere I once put the lcp but with five rounds more capacity and 9mm instead of 380
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts