Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited one of the local pawn shops today and found what I think is a German Makarov and had them hold it for me. It is in great shape with a perfect bore, holster and two clips. The only marking that I can remember is the import stamp which was a small germany cai stamp. It was marked 190$ but they will take 150$. Could someone please post some pics. of a German Mak. or give me some info. on what to look for. Also is this a decent price if it is German.

·
Super Moderator
6,329 Posts
Holy Cow, that is an outstanding price for any make of Makarov. Go. Go now.

Makarov.com lists all the info you need to know about how to identify which Mak it is:

http://makarov.com/makfaq.html

But don't waste time reading the link, you need to get back to that shop and buy the pistol.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more question, what kind of grips were these issued with? This one had hard black plastic grips.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is an East German with proper grips. A date such as "62" will be on the left side just behind the upper portion of the grip.

HTH and good luck.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do remember the serial # is in that exact place and there being that mark mentioned in the above post buy it was very faint and surrounded with other small marks.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Holy Cow, that is an outstanding price for any make of Makarov. Go. Go now.

Makarov.com lists all the info you need to know about how to identify which Mak it is:

http://makarov.com/makfaq.html

But don't waste time reading the link, you need to get back to that shop and buy the pistol.
Or you could tell me where that shop is.......Go buy it, if you have to give them a deposit to hold it I wouldn't let it get away for that price.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So did you go back and buy it? :D:D

Last mak I bought was an IJ-70 in 380. gun, 7 mags, hardsided case - around $239. $150 is a heckuva deal for a makarov and mags.

I wish I could find a makarov locally for $150. Now that I've said that I'll probably see a bunch for that price before I have the extra in my hobby kitty to buy it/them. :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am going to go back today and put some money down on it today. Thank you for all of your help and I will post some pics when I pick it up. I just gave them a call and had them hold it for me and they said that it does not have a date on it that he can see but the serial # on both frame and slide is DE 5957 which according to Makarov.com is a 1963 gun.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The next time you post I hope it's to let us all know that you've been back to the store to buy the EG or put money down on it. How well do you know the sellers? I don't mean to put the pressure on you but someone at the store other than the one you spoke to could sell the pistol before you got there. Hurry! That's too good of a price!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts