Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the rush and panic buying are still going strong.
Ran dry on 7.62x54R and started hunting down a case I need by end of the month.
Just about every distributor is talking 3-4 weeks shipping time!
My local guy on vaca until Jan.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/
The only place I called that still has 7 day shipping and they have a good quantity of Bulgarian 149gr.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
No offense but this has been coming a long time.

I saw surplus ammo disappear early 60s.

When USSR went out of business boatloads of 8mm, 762x54 and some others appeared along with boatloads of rifles.

Stuff like .303 and others never did come back in quantity.
The supply was surplus stock and has simply been used/hoarded up for a rainy day.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
Reloading may be the only way to economically get some calibers pretty soon. I started reloading a few years ago because .303 was drying up (at least the non-POF stuff was drying up) and because I wanted to shoot my K-31's more than GP11 prices would allow. I now reload nine different calibers and my cost is generally half or less of commercial ammo. Cost of supplies continues to go up but it's still a good alternative to having no ammo or being at the mercy of price gougers...

·
Silver Bullet member
648 Posts
13 calibers and counting..now casting as well

started reloading 45acp in 1996.worked my way up to 13 calibers on my trusty Dillon 550...dragged kicking and screaming into casting 1 1/2 years ago.

I swore I never would,but bullet prices and the ability to cast AK/SKS bullets and oversize bullets for my Enfields and Mosins has finally won me over.

Spent some money on reloading instead of extra weapons..felt shortchanged for a while,but, in retrospect,it appears to have been worth it.

the groups I get with .316 cast boolits in my Mosins and Enfields have to be seen to be believed:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.