Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
treasury bills pay 0% interest! starting yesterday.. the lowest auction rate EVER! and people bought 'em like crazy.. "at least they are SAFE" demand for the no interest T-BILLS was called feverish.. the treasury received 128.5 BILLION in bids.. :confused:

·
Registered
955 Posts
I noticed that myself , must be hard to find places to loan money for free .
Guess the goverment next will want you pay a percent to buy t-bills .
My question is if the goverment is 10 gazillion dollars in debt what makes this a safe investment ? Just cause they own the printing press don't mean nothing .
mcgoo

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,926 Posts
I noticed this too; it's curious. The government should be taking advantage of this and selling lots of long maturity debt to lock in these rates. I guess they already are - trillions and trillions worth of borrowing.... ah the wonders of living in a country that the rest of the world has decided is "too big to fail."

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
72,410 Posts
I noticed that myself , must be hard to find places to loan money for free .
Guess the goverment next will want you pay a percent to buy t-bills .
My question is if the goverment is 10 gazillion dollars in debt what makes this a safe investment ? Just cause they own the printing press don't mean nothing .
mcgoo

The faith in the government ???

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
faith in OUR bankrupt federal government? that it will continue to follow the SAME INSANE policy's! (YES!):D

·
Platinum Bullet Member
42,119 Posts
Here I thought Llama could navigate through a thread without posting a pic and a quip to match. I was wrong. You had me going there for a bit Llama.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these are SCARY days IMHO any way i look at..

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
Thats senator Shelby in the picture he has been against the auto industry bailout .
He and sen. sessions voted against the other bailout package too .
If you watched some of the hearings shelby was pretty hard on the auto co CEO's .
mcgoo
Yeah, my senators are kicking ass and taking names!!!!!.......Proud of'em!!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
forbes.com says: we are in a global recession and DEFLATION is concern #1 right now.. the CONSUMER PRICE INDEX has dropped 1% (the biggest decline since BEFORE WW2!)
i like this term:QUANTITATIVE EASING (printing up money) is the fed's idea to FIX this!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts