Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
lol.... This morning I saw this gun's mum (on GB) and thought it looked too lightly struck and "off". Sometimes, experience creates intuition that just pops a red flag.... suggesting caution. Sometimes, the intuition can't be articulated, but causes one to pause. When you know honey, maple syrup, and wine are being faked.... you realize tomfoolery has cast a wide net.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't worship the mum either. "Ground guns need love too"! T Stancil.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
I agree! I personally take a ground matching nice condition rifle over an intact but mismatched or meh condition one. Plus intact mum rifles are going for some insane money right now on gunbroker.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
All the more reason I don't pay too much a premium on a mum stamp. Its cool if you can get one, but I'm not shelling out 50% more like some sellers are hacking for. If its there cool. if its defaced with a chisel great, ground, but other features are nice and correct, ok I'll take it,.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Will the receiver ring Mic at a smaller diameter when it has a fake mum?

E.g. were these receivers generally in spec throughout the war, or were there significant deviations from the factory-specified diameter?

I assume large gaps between the walls of the receiver and the stock is also a good indicator?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.