Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
50,141 Posts
Never hear of most of em. And I am only dealing with one that I know of and then only if I have to.

·
Registered
187 Posts
And more every day.

Plenty of familiar names on the list. Some you'd expect, others you wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yea Bank of America... isnt that the bank that just gave the Feds credit card consumer purchasing info when they were not even subpoenaed for the information during the Capital fiasco?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
"“We’re not calling for a boycott of these companies,” Gottlieb said. “Businesses and the people who own them can support whatever kind of philosophy they want, and gun owning consumers can likewise not spend any money with those firms. Let the marketplace decide. Over 100 million American gun owners represent a sizeable [sic] consumer bloc, and they will decide where they spend their money.”

Thats funny. Course they are.

Lots of companies play both sides of the card so to speak.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Google, amc Theatres, LL/ Time Warner, TNT, AutoZone, Bloomberg, Burger King, chipotle, Comcast, Dannon, Delta air lines, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Disney, eBay, enterprise, the gap, GE, Gucci, Hallmark, HBO, Levi Strauss, Met life, MTV, NBC, PayPal, Pinterest, Reddit, royal Caribbean cruise, Sara Lee, Showtime, square and Twitter, Subway, etc

I’ve heard of some of those. They'll be hearing less from me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I’m trying to boycott the companies that want to silence conservative speech. It’s close to impossible. Without Amazon and Walmart I spend hours extra a week
Shopping and pay more. Delivery is 1-2 weeks vs next day
If I add these companies to my current list of 8 there is no where I can go And no products I can buy. I’ll have to dress my family in MY Pillow cases and Buy my food at the farmers market.
I strongly think conservatives need to boycott businesses. It’s just too many. I wish we’d organize better. Pick 5 businesses a month to boycott until they bend. As they bend we add another to the list to replace them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Got 8 of them we were using.
I gave a copy of my list to my wife to stop using.

The only one that is going to be hard to stop is "SONIC", giving up the Sunday "RT 44 Lime Slush"
Going to do it.

Reactions: jkv45

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yeah, I shouldn't start crowing about "going elsewhere." This thing that has been done to our country and civilization over 250 years is many magnitudes beyond the reach of grass roots "boycott" noise. Ditto "cold dead fingers" noise, which only encourages them. This is a time for sobriety, alas.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
It's weird that corporations feel a need to be political, too bad they can't just STFU & run their businesses.
or is just companies that don't share and advocate you view, that shouldn't be political and to STFU........I bet you have no problem with corporations like, HOBBY LOBBY, MY PILLOW, CHICK-FIL-A etc.....

as for boycotting.......if I went around boycotting corporation that don't share my views I would be naked and eating grass. because every company/manufacturer etc... out there, from clothing to food products , in one way or another doesn't share my views 100 percent percent

if they have a product, service that I like and it's good and reasonable priced, I'll buy from them, regardless of what their politics/views are.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I too will do my best, most of those businesses I never heard of and the few I have can be avoided. Might be inconvenient but it is important. I already boycott movies with certain actors that are over the top liberals and the same for musicians.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,947 Posts
It's weird that corporations feel a need to be political, too bad they can't just STFU & run their businesses.
Actually, "just run(ning) their businesses" almost compels involvement in political matters for large businesses, since politics WILL do things that involve them. They need to buy their peace (protection racket, eh?), just like the little mom & pop store when the local Mafiosi came by talking about how bad it would be if there was fire or such...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts