Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
That is the CBC surplus ammo that blew up a few rifles and was recalled. It was from South American Police stocks and had been tampered with in storage.

I wouldn‘t pay $125/1000 for that particular import TODAY! There certainly WERE some “deals” back in the good old days of the 1990s.

CBC, 7.62MM X 51MM CALIBER CARTRIDGES

RECALL:
It has come to our attention that CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges from lots dated 1975 may pose a serious safety risk. The specific cartridges in question bear the headstamp "CBC 7.62 75".

We hereby provide written notice to you that a potential hazard may exist with respect to outdated CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges. There is a reported risk that such cartridges may cause excess pressure upon discharge and could result in serious bodily injury or damage.

Under no circumstances should these cartridges be used, given to anyone, or sold.

There have been isolated reports of rifles bursting as a result of excessive pressure in what appear to be these outdated CBC cartridges. An independent testing lab reports that it detected a peak pressure that they estimated to be in excess of 130,000 CUP in one out of a batch of 20 outdated CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges dated 1975 that it tested.

CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges are manufactured solely for military use in several nations around the world. CBC has not exported or sold any of these cartridges to or in the United States. These particular cartridges are not intended for civilian use under any circumstances.

In addition, a warning is issued for any CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges from any year that bear a label on the packing material with the Spanish word "reengastada". That label was not affixed by CBC, and its application to ammunition is not yet clear.

Anyone who has, or believes they have, CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges from lots dated 1975, or CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges from any year with the word "reengastada" on the packing label should immediately contact the dealer from whom they bought the rounds, and call the following toll-free phone number:

(800) 742-1094
CBC/Brazil”
I will have to make sure that I do not have any CBC around.
Anyone who has, or believes they have, CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges from lots dated 1975, or CBC 7.62mm x 51mm cartridges from any year with the word "reengastada" on the packing label should immediately contact the dealer from whom they bought the rounds, and call the following toll-free phone number:
I will have to look up: "reengastada" I recall that there was a word gastar that meant to use up. Translation on google just checked is '
to spend. So it sounds like reuse after having been used. google says
reattached
for reengastada

1 - 1 of 1 Posts