Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Banzai members brought a rifle into the TN.Mil. Col.Assoc show for identification yesterday. The rifle had been on a rack for a day and a half at a recent Ohio Gun Collectors show. A friend of the current owner bought it for a few hundred dollars, the bolt handle is broken, but is taped to the receiver. When the buyer couldn't ID the rifle he sold it to the current owner, the one that brought it to the TMCA show.

The rifle is a pressure test, but is somewhat different from the usual Arisaka pressure test. The stock is the two-piece Arisaka, the trigger guard is a T-38 style and the floor plate has a "30" lightly stamped in the center. The flat butt plate comes to a narrow point immediately after it covers on to the stop top. THE BOLT IS A MODIFIED CARCANO! Apparently it is a pressure test rifle for the Type "I". The bp is identical to those on the Carcano.

I took a series of photos, the owner plans to send the rifle to Don Schlickman to have the bolt repaired. After Don has a chance to examine the odd ball (not Rob) maybe he can shed more light on the design of the pressure test feature.

·
Kryptonite member
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That one I missed, did he have photos?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.