Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have never seen this Waffenmeister's tool kit in any publication or posting. During the last few days I have gotten the chance to compose some posts featuring some of the Wehrmacht's weapon tool kits. Some collectors mistakenly think that weapons were only repaired at depots. Not true! These tool kits were originally issued to facilitate repair of small arms in the field. There are many separate tools in this kit, some of which were intended for the repair of the MG34. Many are for the 98k, P08 and other arms. Several tools are for removing/installing the extractors on various weapons and others are for the installation/removal of the rear sights of different weapons. Among the other tools in the kit are general purpose tools suitable for repair many weapons' mounts. There are numerous headspace, firing pen protrusion, kaliberzylender (bore) and other gauges in the kit. These photos were taken in 2007 and will be updated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Interesting. Any of it marked?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, most tools have wartime dates and manufacturers codes. Some do not. I use this "Waffenmeisterkasten" as originally intended. I keep my German WW2 weapons tools in this and some other tool kits. Not all the tools I have are shown. Some of the tools I have are post war and I use them to save wear and tear on my originals. The German hand vice in this kit is exactly the same as the hand vice in the much more common ammo box tool set, except the one in this set is unmarked and the one in the ammo box set is marked "Mauser". The adjustable Mauser wrench in the second photo is smaller than the similar tool in the ammo box set. The larger Mauser wrench in the third picture is actually from another set of tools not pictured. I have the correct wrench which is a bit larger and fits the space perfectly. Also those cloth bundles in the first photo contain special tools for specific weapons. I plan on posting more photos as I get the chance.:)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank You! I really love it that you posted photos of the large "Waffenmeisterwerkzeugkasten"! I've been on the hunt for one of those for years, but never found one. One, exactly like yours is pictured on page 358 of Folke Myrvang's "MG34-MG42 German Universal Machineguns".

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts