3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DoubleD

South Africa
1829 Posts
Posted - 06/24/2007 : 12:13:21 PM

The Victorian Rifleman Provincial Match

THE BASIC PROVINCIAL MATCH

13 rounds at 100 yards fired on the 50 meter UIT Slow fire Pistol Target B-17. Best ten hits count. Any position, sling may be used. No rests. Use any rifle of a type as originally used by Queen Victoria’s Armies during her reign using black powder. .303 only may be shot with Smokeless powder.

Provincial Match Variations- Rifle Matches
Muzzleloading rifle
Snider
Martini Henry

13 rounds at 100 yards fired on the 50 meter UIT Slow fire Pistol Target B-17. Best ten hits count. Any position, sling may be used. No rests. Each rifle fired as an individual match. Martini .303’s and Lee .303’s compete equally together.

Specialty Matches
100 Yard off Hand

13 rounds at 100 yards fired on the 50 meter UIT Slow fire Pistol Target B-17. Best ten hits count. Standing Off hand, sling may be used

3 Position match

5 rounds off-hand 25 yards
5 Rounds kneeling 50 yards
5 rounds prone 100 yards
Sling maybe used
All rounds score

Mad Minute

As many rounds as can be fired in one minute. All rifles start unloaded and may only be single loaded. No charging magazines, no use of stripper clips. All rounds score, any position, slings may be used.

Aggregate Matches.
One rifle match plus any two or more specialty matches, one of which must be the Mad Minute. Same rifle must be shot in each match.

Interpretations.
All matches will be shot in the Spirit of the Victorian Era. Rules shall have meanings as would have been interpreted by the late Sir Harry Paget Flashman, Brigadier-General V.C. K.C.B., K.C.I.E.

The Victorian Rifleman Provincial Shooting Medal

In order to encourage shooters to get together and shoot their rifles the 2007 Victorian Rifleman Provincial Shooting Medal has been created.

The South African Victorian Rifleman Shooting Medal

In order to qualify for this medal you must shoot a Provincial Shooting Match at an organized Shooting Playday-Match-Get together during 2007. The Match Host must announce on British Militaria Forum, Gunboards Martini Henry forum and CSP Martini Henry Collector forum that a Provincial Match will be shot and Medal will be awarded.

The Match Host must record and post scores on all three forums after the Match.

The Provincial Match does not have to be the only match shoot at the get together, it can and should be only one of many events.

The host must contact me at 12 weeks in advance of the match and request the medals. I will provide the first 50 Medals to all shooters out of my pocket. I will ask the Match host to reimburse me for postage only. The Match Host will be required to secure and attach a ribbon in National colors for the country in which the medal is awarded. It’s up to the Match host how he wishes to recoup his cost.

A shooter may only be awarded one medal per country he shoots in. A shooter can only earn multiple medals by shooting in multiple countries.

The U.S. Victorian Rifleman Shooting Medal

DD

That isn't your Martini you have. It belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone. Look after it an pass it on with pride. It deserves it....Malcolm Cobb The Martini-Henry Note-Book.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts