Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Gil/GregCandR:
Thank you for the compliment. As I said perviously, I've hunted for a Norwegian Krag for a very long time and I'm happy as a squirrel loose in a Planters nut processing plant with my new treasure:)

Gil: Your very kind to offer up a cleaning rod. I certainly appreciate it, and will happily compensate you for your time and effort. Please email/pm me whenever you find the rod and we'll work out the details. Thanks again.

Dutchman: It seems that the sudden burst of activity on this subject has highlighted a need to secure a permanent home for these fine old Krags and the underserved fans. Just a suggestion now:)

LDHare

· Registered
108 Posts
Balder:

Your quite correct. It is indeed a Mdl 1912 carbine. Not an Engineers carbine. My mistake.
Also, as you surmised, it is non-matching and the bolt is from the later production Krag Mdl. 1912 rifle, not the early production as indicated by the receiver serial number. It is unfortunate, but many of the surplus military arms imported into the USA in the early post WWII era were indiscriminately disassembled, cleaned and reassembled for sale as cheap shooters. I expect that this is not the case for those Krags that still reside in Norway.

LDHare

· Registered
328 Posts
Hi
Very interesting topic. I to have a German marked krag that has had the stock cut off. Mine has no serial numbers what so ever. It is marked 1943 and V3 on the reciever. Waffenamts all over the place. I posted a few pics on the 98 mauser forum about a year or so ago. They seemed to think that the V3 is a pre production gun. Does anybody have any information on this? If anybody has a stock for this I would be very interested in paying a premiuim for. If you would like to see some pics I can post them.
Thanks
David

· Registered
328 Posts
Here are some pics. I got home late from work and could not do outside pics so quality is not perfect. If you have any input please post as I would like to know more on this rifle. Please do not pay attention to the back round as I do not keep my gun area very tidy.
Thanks

· Registered
18 Posts
I have a 1895 Cavalry carbine dated 1902 and a 1912 Carbine dated 1916. Both however have had some sporterizing done, years before I aquired them. I was thinking about buying a repro. stock for the 1912. Fortunately the 1895 only had 4 inches chopped off. Both need handguards too. Both need work.
A friend has a complete Lang Krag that I might get someday.
I have always enjoyed the Norwegian Krags in 6.5!
Thank you for this new site.

· Registered
416 Posts
Well, I've owned 3 Norwegian Krags over the years. All of them were sporterized to some extent. I traded one, sold one, & now have one left. My fascination with them is three fold:

1) I love the 6.55x55 cartridge,
2) They are unique, and
3) My mother is Norwegian.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.