Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,607 Posts
No problem and certainly no offense.

There really needs to be a Krag forum. They don't fit anywhere.

Dutchman
I could not agree more Dutchman.
The "more or less U.S." Krag forums are somewhat lacking, well, at least compared to this forum they leave a lot to be desired. It would be nice to enrich our knowledge of the fine Norwegian and Danish military arms also.

John

· Registered
1,607 Posts
combat32

First, Is it a long rifle or a carbine? Carbine stocks a very hard to find. Also they are not interchangeable with the long rifle as the trigger-guards are different. From what I have been told most of the carbines were exported from Norway and quite scarce even there.
I have only seen one long rifle stock for sale on e-bay (and I have been checking for years) it sold for over two hundred. And one carbine stock for over $300.00. Plus you would need the barrel bands, handguard, ???

I imported a long rifle stock from Norway last year for about $300.00 with bands and handguard but I am saving it for a pre-1899 Krag that has been sporterized, although I am still looking for a nice one.

I might be mistaken but I do not believe the U.S. Krag stock will fit, I know the Danish stocks will not.

Best of luck, John

· Registered
1,607 Posts
Bayonetcollector

Please forgive me for not saying thank you for your post of the Norwegian Krags. Your original Krag long rifle is very nice. And as you say, the sling, belt and frog/scabbard are highly prized by collectors.

If you should happen to find a fair price on any pre-1917 Norwegian military items feel free to let me know. And, if I am incorrect about the carbine stocks being hard to find, I am also looking for one of those.

Regards, John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.