Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
I too have been searching for a Norwegian Krag, at least until last weekend when I acquired the Mdl 1912 Engineers Carbine as shown below at a local gun show. I've only seen a handful of these beautiful rifles for sale, and more often than not, they had badly corroded bores despite their otherwise fine cosmetic appearance.

One of the things that I found most attractive about the Norwegian Krag rifles, besides their exceptional quality, was that they were chambered for the fine 6.5x55 Swedish cartridge, perhaps my favorite cartridge.

Now all I need to find is an original cleaning rod, sling, and bayonet. The search continues:)

LDHare

PS: I also searched the boards for a good place to post on Krags, but alas, there appears to be no better place than here, at least for the Danish and Norwegian versions.

· Registered
108 Posts
Gil/GregCandR:
Thank you for the compliment. As I said perviously, I've hunted for a Norwegian Krag for a very long time and I'm happy as a squirrel loose in a Planters nut processing plant with my new treasure:)

Gil: Your very kind to offer up a cleaning rod. I certainly appreciate it, and will happily compensate you for your time and effort. Please email/pm me whenever you find the rod and we'll work out the details. Thanks again.

Dutchman: It seems that the sudden burst of activity on this subject has highlighted a need to secure a permanent home for these fine old Krags and the underserved fans. Just a suggestion now:)

LDHare

· Registered
108 Posts
Balder:

Your quite correct. It is indeed a Mdl 1912 carbine. Not an Engineers carbine. My mistake.
Also, as you surmised, it is non-matching and the bolt is from the later production Krag Mdl. 1912 rifle, not the early production as indicated by the receiver serial number. It is unfortunate, but many of the surplus military arms imported into the USA in the early post WWII era were indiscriminately disassembled, cleaned and reassembled for sale as cheap shooters. I expect that this is not the case for those Krags that still reside in Norway.

LDHare

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.