Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I understand that this is a forum now for all scandinavian firearms I just thought I'd show these two Norwegian Krags.

This first one is all original, not too easy to get even here in Norway. It lacks a cleaning rod and a screw for the sight, but I'll get hold of that. Otherwise it is a great example. The sling, belt and bayonet frog are all rarer than the rifles and bayonets...

The receiver is dated 1915 and stamped by the Kongsberg arsenal.

· Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This second one is more like they are more often found...
The Krags have been used for about 113 years and are still used for competition shooting, hunting and leisure shooting. No wonder so many have been sporterized over the years. This one has had the military stock cut and whittled into a different shape. It has been rebarreled and been fitted with a weaver scope. No iron sights are left, the scope is the only sight. The receiver is 1903 dated. A sad sight for a collector, but rather representative for the state so many are in...

· Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you come to Norway...

I never had a Krag! Never shot one! But always loved them. I think this must be called "intuition". Maybe one day ...
If you were to come here one day we could go shooting the Krag. That would be fun. A nice Westmalle afterwards would make the day complete, wouldn't it? :)

· Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see original Krag stocks now and then here in Norway. I saw three this spring at a gun fair and there is one advertised for sale now at a norwegian auction board (but that one includes a barrel, so requires a permit to buy...).

So, no, not impossible. If you wish I could look for one here. There is a new gun fair in october. I have no idea of prices though, and postage from Norway to the US can be a bit steep.

I don't think shipping it would be a problem, it does not count as a gun part here and I suppose it doesn't anywhere else either?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.