Gunboards Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Diamond Member
13,202 Posts
Hmmm .. Bible quote .. no no goes like this ... not that quote the other one , OH well still you got it wrong it says this...Sounds like we need to add a Bible to the list ( or whichever Holy Book is from your traditions) , and make sure you get the right translation

Might want to add the Common Book of Prayer as well, so you get the old familiar words right when you Marry and Bury Folks ... "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered" .... and maybe a blank book or ledger to record dates and stuff

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tempest2 ----- I'm not aware of any such expression as "give until it hurts" in scripture. But there is a scripture "Bring the tithe into the store house and I'll pour you out a blessing you will not be able to contain". I've brought my tithe into the store house for the past 60 + years and I've found that scripture to be true in my life.
Sorry I was unclear. It was just a model the edge-of-survival group in the Rawles novels articulated and tried to follow, not scripture. It suggests an abundance of generosity but not unto self-injury and becoming a liability.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hmmm .. Bible quote .. no no goes like this ... not that quote the other one , OH well still you got it wrong it says this...Sounds like we need to add a Bible to the list ( or whichever Holy Book is from your traditions) , and make sure you get the right translation

Might want to add the Common Book of Prayer as well, so you get the old familiar words right when you Marry and Bury Folks ... "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered" .... and maybe a blank book or ledger to record dates and stuff
Ammo Sgt ----- Sorry if the scripture in my Bible offends you. You may read your bible any way you want and I'll read mine. Yes I'd sure include a Bible in my list of survival library books. I've followed its teaching for most of my 80+ years, it has never failed me. I've always prospered materially, spiritually and physically doing my best to follow what I've read between its covers. "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths", this has been my way of life and it has led me around the world three directions (east, west & north) and home again safely. Why not trust it ???

·
Silver Bullet member
49,622 Posts
Ammo Sgt ----- Sorry if the scripture in my Bible offends you. You may read your bible any way you want and I'll read mine. Yes I'd sure include a Bible in my list of survival library books. I've followed its teaching for most of my 80+ years, it has never failed me. I've always prospered materially, spiritually and physically doing my best to follow what I've read between its covers. "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths", this has been my way of life and it has led me around the world three directions (east, west & north) and home again safely. Why not trust it ???
simple book i picked up for all levels> Field Stream>" THE TOTAL OUTDOORSMAN MANUAL" 374 SKILLS YOU NEED
camp. fish, hunt, survive ideas>by T Edwards Nickens / and field editors of field stream.
ISBN 9781616280611 www.weldonowen.com
Everyone needs to re visit their own off line libraries began putting them all together. and reevaluate all storehouse!
A hand out Earlie standing in line needy, unprepared> in a changing game?
could be the last free play!
cleaned grill yesterday checked charcoal, starter fluids. apple pear wood dry. electric goes out for any reason in dead winter? i have a hind quarter to smoke and grill!<><Dan

·
Diamond Member
13,202 Posts
How does suggesting we include a Bible on the list , leave the impression I would be against a Bible? I'm not the one arguing about the exacts wording of a Bible quote, you two are
Just saying rather than arguing just give chapter and verse and add a Bible to your book list.. Why does that offend you?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
AmmoSgt ----- I'm glad you care enough about what I've posted here to reply. I've never been offended by what you have posted in this forum or any other forum and I appreciate your good advise in your postings. I believe you must be living a healthy and happy life where ever you are located, just as I am where I'm located. I'm unable to read through your long postings you often write in the forums. I might read the first paragraph then go on to something else, but I'm sure there is good info in the remainder I don't read of your postings.
As for my references to Bible scriptures, I find them very true and comforting especially as I watch the rapid deterioration of America's political, moral and social values taking place today. One of the Scriptures I posted here is Proverbs 3 : 6 and it states "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths". I have found this so true as I've lived my life and traveled the world under His leading. I'm not trying to convince anyone else of anything I'm just stating what has worked for me. I'm sure it will keep on working for me no matter what happens to or in America.

·
Diamond Member
13,202 Posts
funny thing about the Bible ( and most other Holy Books ) . The exact wording, the correctness of the spelling, all matters to an extraordinary degree .. Back before printing they had to be letter perfect,

If you believe a holy book has been passed down or dictated or inspired by God and Transcribed by a hand pick Prophet or representative of God , who would want to misquote God ? simply because looking up the exact verse is too much trouble. Not too many filler words or throw away words in a Holy Book.

To Give Until It Hurts? (John 6:51-58) – De Vita Christi (wordpress.com)

or

"Give Till It Hurts - Not!!" – One Year Bible Reading – July 19 - Jerry Rothauser

or

Give Till It Hurts | Communion With God Ministries (cwgministries.org)

quite a complicated discussion about giving from duty verse Love or for other reasons more about you ( showing off, higher standing, status, ) than about God's basic intention for folks to Love and respect one another

Basically it seems some folks read it as giving as much as you can out of Love and in the Spirit of God's intentions for you. Just making yourself a martyr is not enough,

Especially if you suffer to much publicly, to demonstrate you gave until it hurts

Mother Teresa
The phrase “give until it hurts” was originally spoken by Mother Teresa but instead of speaking about money, she was speaking about giving love to another. Without trying to explain what she meant, the phrase was then used to motivate people to give financially.

Folks been trying for several thousand years to keep the word of God exactly as passed down .. It's kind of a Big Thing in some circles

Let's not start getting sloppy now , and how do you // could you "give till' it hurts" if the Minister is promising 10 fold rewards ?

We are prepping for SHTF, we know when the SHTF we will see and probably experience a lot of suffering , just prep in a way that allows you to relive as much suffering as possible, and live in a way that causes as little suffering in others as possible
Matthew 25:31-46

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Yes, I believe each and every person who wrote the 66 books of the Bible was chosen to do so by God Himself. I believe each writer of the book he wrote was inspired by God and his writing was perfect . I believe God is able to inspire men and women today to proclaim a message from Him to mankind but that message MUST be in total agreement with Biblical scripture. If it isn't in total agreement, that message is from some other source. I'm not trying to convince anyone of my beliefs. I'm only stating what I know to be true as I see scripture.

·
Super Moderator
16,716 Posts
Emergency Preparedness; A practical guide for preparing your family. By Evan Gabrielsen 1999 (2nd edition 2013) ISBN 978-0-88290-985-1

I found this book to be very basic and I don't think it went into enough detail. I didn't learn anything new, but it was an interesting weekend read for those with a short attention span and you can consider it a primer to give to the uninitiated along with General Russel Honore's book, Survival: How being prepared can keep you and your family safe, which I previously mentioned. For the old hands it may serve as a refresher so it's worth taking a look at it.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts