Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is more from the haul I got home last week (And it is not exhausted yet, not by a long shot...)

From looking through Gus's great grenade thread I've been able to identify them. In addition to these there was also a 1916 dated Mills bomb which is now part of Nigels Collection. (Will post pics).

The top one is a French Raquette grenade. second row left is one I have not identified, it has the remains of a wooden handle sticking out towards the right. Then pieces of the endcap of a stielhandganate. Bottom row, four shrapnel balls, then a French F2 grenade, and bottom right there is quite a Puzzle, a German exploded egg grenade which is almost all there. The pieces fit together. It was accompanied by a note. (See second Picture.)

I cannot compete With Advanced grenade collectors, but at least i have a few examples....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
You are so boned, forget about having any money to eat in restaurants or going out, as you are now infected with the grenade disease. The one you can not ID looks like the fragmentation ring from a number of stick grenades used by the UK and Russia. This is a great start. I thought I could give you an answer on the colour bands, but can not find my reference and can not remember, but I think it has to do with the type of explosive in the grenade. after making that dumb statement, someone will surely give us the real meaning:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts