Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to cleaning & straightening it out. It's been a 'catch all' for the last 6 months or so.
Nice to be able to get around in it again. Still need a bigger place! And no, Jareth, I haven't painted the peg board yet. I'll do that when I finally move. That may come sooner than later. My company's contract is up at UCSB where I work. I may get to stay there or not. If not, it will finally be time to say adios to Commiefornia :)
In a bigger place it will be nice to display all the stuff I have tucked away in boxes, like ammo pouches, boxed ammo, etc.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
374 Posts
Hey man, I count 34 rifles, 32 bayonets,2 type-94 pistols, 6 nambu's including a baby, assorted hats and helmets plus all kinds of militaria, but who's counting? Great collection and I enjoyed seeing it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is beautiful. I guess you like Arisakas. To put it mildly. That is great to see. Nice pics.
Yes, I do like Arisakas. I have ever since my Dad bought me one as my first rifle in 1967 (I think)
Just took a better photo of my T-14s. The one on the left is a Tokyo 4.6 date in new condition. The two in the middle are both 14.9 dates (the month of the change from the small trigger guard to the larger guard), and the one on the right is a 19.10 date with both matching mags and the spare matching firing pin :) The three others all have their matching mags.
Also, both of the T-94s have two matching mags.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
641 Posts
Very nice set up!! nice collection, but some criticism from a fellow Californian, what a mess when and if the big one hits. Some of your guns look to have a eight foot fall onto glass,mini bunjis or zip ties maybe? In the 89 quake my gun cabnet fell over and the 99 long on the mantel fell and broke the stock, what a mess! . Another reason to bail on Commiefornia! Nice type 99 snipers!!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
Nice Rob, just as expected!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice set up!! nice collection, but some criticism from a fellow Californian, what a mess when and if the big one hits. Some of your guns look to have a eight foot fall onto glass,mini bunjis or zip ties maybe? In the 89 quake my gun cabnet fell over and the 99 long on the mantel fell and broke the stock, what a mess! . Another reason to bail on Commiefornia! Nice type 99 snipers!!
I have given that considerable thought. Each of the pegboards are not only "scrunch fitted" between the ceiling & floor, but I have brackets with lag bolts into the header studs behind the drywall. I plan to add some aircraft cable down the middle of the rifles to keep them from jumping off the hooks.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sittin' on an easy chair in a room like that with a glass of JD in hand is my version of heaven.
Yes, if only there was room for an easy chair :) I had a lazy boy in there but it had to go :(

1 - 20 of 63 Posts