Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting new page covering the discovery of a rare example of this aperture sight has appeared on the excellent riflemen.org website. This patent application dates to 1927 and was approved in 1928. It looks like a worthy competitor for the PH 5A but has anyone ever seen one?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
So where is Muff @ 1800ks from home . That would have been a long drive for an old bloke in one day.😇 Watch out for the bug 😷 hope BOSS LADY is now OK

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Fantastic , thanks for sharing that.
On a side note, I picked up some bits the other day and have no idea who made this or the other bits, hopefully you might know, cheers

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's it Muffett - where was that image posted and when? If it is off ePay within the last 4 months then there is still only one I have ever seen! The small smudge of patina under the piled rifles in your photo exactly matches mine.

Also to Chrometank, I can't recognise any parts in your photos, but then again I don't have more than one or two of the many sporting type aperture sights used on Enfields

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Chrometank, the top pic. is an Index sight, you have one for intermediate calibres.....25cal size.
The one in my collection is for Rimfires, the difference is the elevation arm length.
The other bits look familiar, but elude me at the moment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts