Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the very first M95 rifle I ever purchased, it was obtained from a little gun shop called Snowball Mountain Guns up in Pengilly, MN back in 1997 or 1998. That was before the M95's flooded the collectors market, and being somewhat uncommon (I had never seen one before) I paid $195 for it including 4 boxes of original Nazi marked ammo in the clips. From the looks of it, when the rifle was arsenal reworked, they kept the original stock with the action and just added the same number on the other side of the stock. The handguard and front barrel band were stamped to match, as was the bolt knob.

The barrel and receiver proofs on the right side are only partially stamped, but appear to be some sort of eagle, not sure if it's the standard Austrian eagle or not.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Material property Cylinder
Auto part Metal Gear shift Dumbbell
Wood Metal
Metal
Water Asphalt Rock Metal
Hyla Amphibian Toad Frog Bufo
Rust Metal Parking meter
Rust Wood Brown Metal Wood stain
Wood Rust Metal
Brown Wood Pattern
Antique tool Wood

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
The double shield indicates it was issued to the Hungarian Honved during WWI rather than to the Austria-Hungarian Kaiserlich-und-Koeniglich (Imperial) Army, which would have the eagles usually found there. The Austrian Republic eagle on the receiver shows that it somehow ended up in the small post-WWI Austrian treaty army of the 20's and 30's.

·
Administrator
12,077 Posts
Why Honved only? Isn't this just the new A-H coat of arms, introduced in 1915?

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ah yes, I remember my first M95. Numerically it was my 20th or 30th rifle though ;) That's a mighty nice looking M95, and as far as the price- I say if you factor in the sentimental value- then you came out ahead. :)

-Palimino

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
The doubble coat on arms were probably not used prior to 1917, more possible is its started in Ugrian section firstly later used in Austria too,the butt plate is marked with czechoslovak Artillery Regiment Nr.303.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts