Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I admit, I like clay shooting. anyone else out there?
so show us your skeet/trap guns!
once I figure out this picture posting, I will too!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, lets try this again. anyone out there a clay shooter?

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,588 Posts
well, lets try this again. anyone out there a clay shooter?
No I'm not, but not because I don't want to be. There isn't a place close enough to shoot clays. There does happen to be a pretty nice skeet and trap club not too far away though. And to add to that, Saturday I bought a new over and under. It's just a Stevens model 555, but even so it is suitable for trap shooting. There's just not enough hours in the day for everything I would like to be doing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I enjoy clay shooting. I shoot sporting, and some trap and 5 stand. My primary gun right now is a Browning Citori CX, but I'm picking up a Zoli Z-Sport on Friday.............big step up! I will not be able to blame the gun once I pick up the Zoli :(. I'll try and post photos later after I pick up the Zoli. I also own a Fabarm XLR5, which is primarily for my son to use, but I get to try it once in a while when I can pry it away from him.

I have a couple of nice sporting clay courses about 45 minutes from me and a couple of others if I want to drive further. Plus there is a range about 30 minutes away that has a skeet setup, but I don't have a big love for skeet shooting. My brother has a trap range set up on his property, but it is an 90 minute drive, at least it is free to shoot there as long as I bring my own clays. I also have a Wheelybird 2.0 thrower with a wobble base that I can use for practice.

I'm just starting to reload shot shells, we will see how that goes.

Glad somebody else on this forum is into the clay sports. Don't see much on the shotgun forum, but discussions about the older guns.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,498 Posts
Next few days..will try..

·
Registered
5 Posts
My serious skeet days are way behind me now. Wife and I shot competitively for three seasons, and played around a couple more. I shot a Kreighoff K80 and the wife shot a Citori Ultra Clays Skeet. It was a very pretty gun. Both used tube sets to achieve the four gauges needed for competition. Hers was a Briley set, and mine was Kolar. We had a lot of fun with a lot of good people. When our coach passed away, it really took the fun out of it.It was also expensive, and I got a little tired of reloading. I'm about ready to get back and play though. I've been sort of on the lookout for an old Remington 1100 20g Skeet, but in no hurry to overpay for one. Ha!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,085 Posts
Recently purchased a foot controlled wobble clay thrower for 2 reasons. 1st no truly nearby trap/clays courses and even then they are expensive. 2nd reason is that I can't always find any one to shoot with. Now, I can take the rig out past the barn and entertain myself. Use my faithful old Rem 11-48 28 in, modified or my newer CZ Bobwhite. Both 12 ga.. Great way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. I live on a moderate sized farm at the end of the road. No one to bother with the sound.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,498 Posts
Haven’t forgotten, been going through health issues..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts