Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
One piece handguard isn't a problem. Not for someone with a razor saw and hobby mitrebox.
If they want that much for a repo rifle(for all practical purposes) then anyone who bought a Jovino kit rifle, your investment looks like it may pay off? ;)
AFAIC, they're still just shooters.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you sure this isn't actually a JJCo bitser rifle? I bought a JJCo .22 conversion in my younger days, and the timber looked identical with an absence of butt markings.
Well I suppose it could be, but when a company making repro woodwork (and whole rifles) advertises a rifle as "mint condition" when it clearly isn't it raises my suspicion.......

·
Banned
18,170 Posts
Maybe?
That's it?
Why am I beginning to smell a witch coming up to temperature?
I don't doubt its a "modern repro", so why the witch burning?

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,803 Posts
I’m pretty blind looking at my phone but the wood doesn’t look like modern reproduction and if it is, it’s bloody good. There’s nothing in the add to indicate it’s reproduction wood, so nothing terribly misleading there. If it is repro, then the adds very misleading.
The conversation seems to be going in all directions presently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This looks a lot like mine. My question was, looks like a Jovino but no stamp. At that price, mine could be for sale.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I hope someone doesn't pay $2500 for this thinking they they are getting an original mint from the factory rifle. At the very least the woodwork has been replaced. The same company sold one of the repro wood sets (post 2) on E-bay listed as : "Lithgow Enfield SMLE coachwood stock set" for $690. Didn't say they were repro, didn't say they weren't. They seem to have the butt markings reproduced quite well, I just hope down the track they don't get "confused" with the genuine article.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.