Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The execution-style murder of three African-American college students in Newark, N.J., forced to kneel and shot in the head -- allegedly by an illegal alien from Peru who was out on bail for the serial rape of a 5-year-old -- has the makings of a Willie Horton issue in 2008.

Newark, like New York, is a "sanctuary city," where cops are not to ask criminal suspects if they are in the country legally. Mitt Romney has been hammering Rudy Giuliani on the issue, trashing his tough-cop resume by painting the mayor as den mother of the Big Apple's playpen for illegal aliens.

The arrest of Jose Carranza in that Newark massacre, amid reports he had Hispanic accomplices and the murders may have been part of a gang initiation, has also elevated the issue of the black-brown war raging in U.S. big cities.

In the Aug. 10 Washington Post story that covered the Carranza arrest, the same page had two related articles. One was headlined, "Study: Almost Half of Murder Victims Black," the other, "Slaying of Popular Editor Stuns Blacks in Oakland."

The second headline reveals an ideological slant. One would assume that everyone in Oakland was stunned by the daylight execution of African-American editor Chauncey Bailey, allegedly by a teenage foot soldier at Your Black Muslim Bakery, which Bailey was investigating.

At Bailey's funeral, a mourner held up a sign reading, "Stop Black on Black Violence." That was the subject of the second Post story.

"Nearly half the people murdered in the United States are black," declared the opening paragraph, "part of a persistent pattern in which African Americans are disproportionately victimized by violent crime, according to a new Justice Department study."

Among other conclusions reported by the Post:

-- Blacks are more likely than whites or Hispanics to be victims of crime.

-- Blacks are more likely than any other group to be victims of "serious violent crime," such as rape, assault and robbery.

-- Blacks were more than twice as likely as whites to be confronted with a firearm during a crime.

"Overall, the new Justice findings jibe with previous studies," said the Post. "For example, a review of FBI data from 2004 by the Violence Policy Center, a liberal-leaning group that campaigns for stricter gun control laws, found that blacks accounted for about half of the nation's murder victims that year."

"Black victimization is a real problem, and it's often black on black," said David Harris, a law professor at the University of Toledo who studies crime statistics.

"Often"? Correction, Harris. As the Post reports and Justice concedes, in more than nine out of 10 cases, black victims are murdered by fellow blacks.

Utterly absent from the Post story and Justice Department stats is anything about white victims of crime. Not a word. Do white folks not count, though they are two-thirds of the population?

Yet, in "The Color of Crime: Race, Crime and Justice in America," produced by the "right-leaning" New Century Foundation in 2005, using the same FBI and Justice surveys, startling facts emerge:

-- "Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against other blacks." Forty-five percent of the victims of violent crime by blacks are white folks, 43 percent are black, 10 percent are Hispanic.

-- Blacks are seven times as likely as people of other races to commit murder, eight times more likely to commit robbery and three times more likely to use a gun in a crime.

-- "Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit violent crime against a white person than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery." (If decent black folks have trouble hailing a cab, and they do, these numbers may help explain it.)

-- Black-on-white rape is 115 times more common than the reverse.

Even the two most famous sexual assaults by white men on black women in the last two decades -- the Tawana Brawley and Duke rape cases -- turned out to be hoaxes.

What do these statistics tell us? A message the Post will not report. The real repository of racism in America -- manifest in violent interracial assault, rape and murder -- is to be found not in the white community, but the African-American community. In almost all interracial attacks, whites are the victims, not the victimizers.

Why does the Post not report such statistics? My guess: Because the stats would shatter the Post's cultivated image of America as a land where white racism is the great lurking malevolent monster. Stories that conform to the image get play. Stories that contradict it are buried.

But, if the Bush Justice Department is doing in-depth studies on black victims of crime and who is responsible, why not one on the victimization of Americans of all colors and who is responsible?

Or is that information we ought not know, and news not fit to print?

Patrick Buchanan.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
i don't really know the national stats, but the way they breed around here, i'd say at least half the country IS black, so why would half of all murders being black be an error in statistics. and if the Post thinks white racism is the culprit, let them come live in mississippi for a year or two, then they may get the real story..... 2 sides to every coin.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I am very tired of race baiting material from all sides of the argument.

The truth is that class is the greater issue here.

Economic poverty does not equate moral poverty.

Moral poverty is provided by the lifestyle that the urban poor are raised with.

Moral poverty is being raised by parents who do not work, but still do not have time for their kids.

Moral poverty is provided by popular media and entertainment, where the main emphasis or "value" is on sex, illegal drugs and drug trafficking, getting what you want at any price, and race baiting.

(Try watching "BET" or "MTV" for an hour or two. You don't even have the volume on.)

In these environments the majority of young people are being raised by the television as their parents were, and their parents before them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The biggest problem is that I'm held accountable for a crime I could NOT have possibly committed, nor would have committed if given the opportunity: I am not a racist. However, since I'm a white male, it is assumed (however unreasonably) that I despise every color but my own. Truth be known, I find white folks to be more of an embarassment than anything else, simply because they represent my demographic.

However, I utterly eschew stupidity of ANY kind, regardless of race, creed, sex, religion, etc. And frankly, I'm sick of the reverse racism that's been plaguing our country.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
97,166 Posts
One of the guys I was in the Army with is an attorney. Very bright guy. Appointed and then elected as a district judge in Tarrant County and appointed to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals by Bill Clements. He happens to be black. And he once commented that if he was walking down the street in the evening in just about any neighborhood in town, but especially a black one, he'd be REALLY nervous and concerned about his safety if he was approached by one or more young black males. What does that tell you, if anything?

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
tells me there must be some BAD neighborhoods in his town. i live in a town of about 5000, used to be blacks on one side but now they are all over, across the street from me, in my rental house, and behind me across the alley. i'm not nervous. most want what i want, just to better themselves and be left alone. in larger towns here in MS, i don't get nervous but i do get very aware. i rely on my judgement, fast reaction and my markmanship...... i carry a pistol in my pocet and 2 more in my vehicle.

·
97,166 Posts
Of course there are some bad neighborhoods in Fort Worth. Or Dallas or Houston or anyplace else. I wouldn't care to go through Sixth Ward in Houston (especially now, with Katrina refugees layered on top of what was already there) in anything without armor. For example. Some parts of East Dallas, I'd feel the same way about, and for that matter there are a couple of areas in our little (c.25-30K) town I'd avoid, especially after dark. But - the thing is - Lou said he'd have had the same reaction coming out of his office in the courthouse when he was a judge...

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
In my neck of the woods there is a 10% or less Black population.

There is a 15% and growing Mexican population. (Yes I wrote Mexican, they are not Spanish)

The rest are white people of various ethnicity and native American.

The Mexicans still remain to be a problem for everyone, but mostly each other.

The next major issue for violence are Skin Heads and wannabe Skin Heads.

The Skin Heads cause more property damage and predatory assaults than any other group does, or has ever done.

If they aren't spraying backward swastikas on houses and stop signs, they are trying to ambush elderly people and joggers at the parks at night or rolling some unlucky drunk that stumbles out of the wrong bar too late at night.

They have been a problem here since the late 1980's.

They are no different than the inner city black kids in class or poverty.

·
97,166 Posts
A fair number (and an increasing number) of those "Mexicans" are from further south. Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, maybe Belize. They come to Mexico (for a better situation, which REALLY says something about where they are), then work their way north for a really better situation. Often work their way north as mules for drug cartels, by the way. Just what we need, eh?

As far as the skin-heads and other Neo-Nazi identified groups, no they aren't any better (and often are worse) than any black gang-banger you ever met. We have a multiple murder case here right now that arose out of one of the White Supremacist/Separatist prison gangs (Aryan Brotherhood, it looks like). Half a dozen or so in jail right now, more being looked at. And boy am I glad I'm out of the criminal defense bidness or I'd have one of them. Ugh. Been there before, nasty people, but they HAVE to have defense and honest and vigorous defense or the system fails the rest of us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts