Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I don't know how many of you have been following the drama on Youtube of Military Arms Channel Tim who co-owns Copper Customs ,the place selling these rifles...
Look it up, its basically he criticized price gouging, called sellers out for going to GunBroker....flash forward a few weeks and now he's selling these rifles on where else than!!! GunBroker!
So I think its basically his critics are trolling him, and racking up the bids and obviously plan on Not paying just to waste time and tie up these auctions to make a statement.
This is my take on it at least. Anyone else know more about the MAC and his Hungarian rifle drama?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Pollutes a brand (GunBroker) that from chit-chat I've seen here was already not exactly pristine (references to shill bidders and such).

To those game players, this is business not personal - take it outside (of the auction site).

·
Registered
993 Posts
Pollutes a brand (GunBroker) that from chit-chat I've seen here was already not exactly pristine (references to shill bidders and such).

To those game players, this is business not personal - take it outside (of the auction site).
Gunjoker is already polluted haha. Everybody knows it’s the place where rich “boomers” constantly pay double what a gun is worth just cause they gotta have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gunjoker is already polluted haha. Everybody knows it’s the place where rich “boomers” constantly pay double what a gun is worth just cause they gotta have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Please PM me the place where they are selling for half as much.
😈

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Please PM me the place where they are selling for half as much.
😈
Many times right here on our trader! There's still deals a plenty at closer to realistic value down there. Just saying :whistle:
Oh to be clear, I'm talking about C&R guns in general, not these SVD things that make people bleed from their eyes for and paid 100 Gazillon USD haha

·
Registered
908 Posts
The issue is deeper than Tim's criticism of Gunbroker and price-gouging. It's some serious backlash against Tim apparently pushing in on the deal with FEG that others were working at a grass roots level. You'll find a long thread at the AK Files.
I can’t access AK files for some reason. Can you give a quick download in what the deal was with FEG? I thought I read something where they were trying to restart business

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,305 Posts
I can’t access AK files for some reason. Can you give a quick download in what the deal was with FEG? I thought I read something where they were trying to restart business
I haven't read the 43 pages on that thread ;) but I recall prdubi trying to get a list of people interested in various Hungarian guns and parts. He gathered a large list and was working with FEG to try and cut a deal. I've heard (not read) that they put in a lot of time to get ATF approval for import of the Hungarian SVDs, and about that time, Copper Customs moved in with the cash and sealed the deal that others had worked to set up.

Again, this is hearsay, so I'll leave it up to you to believe it or not, and/or investigate the facts further.

If this is all true, some people would say, "that's just business". Others would say, "that's dirty pool", and I belong in that camp, so you know my bias. I'm an adherent of capitalism, but I prefer to practice it with a healthy dose of ethical responsibility and fairness.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Many times right here on our trader! There's still deals a plenty at closer to realistic value down there. Just saying :whistle:
Oh to be clear, I'm talking about C&R guns in general, not these SVD things that make people bleed from their eyes for and paid 100 Gazillon USD haha
I would have to say it goes both ways, you can occasionally sneak a deal from gunbroker, and yes there are deals on the trader here but you have to stare at it all day and be the first to type ILL TAKE IT!!! so if it is a deal it's gone in minutes.

It's not like the gunboards trader is all deals either, plenty of high prices to match what's happening on gunbroker and elsewhere

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There were quite a few people that signed up for pre-ordering the rifles to gauge interest. Took a bit to get these set up. Fast forward Tim at Copper Custom then made a video criticizing gun companies for price gouging with gunbroker. Then he does the exact same thing by putting them on gunbroker as opposed to selling to those that went up for preorder.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I haven't read the 43 pages on that thread ;) but I recall prdubi trying to get a list of people interested in various Hungarian guns and parts. He gathered a large list and was working with FEG to try and cut a deal. I've heard (not read) that they put in a lot of time to get ATF approval for import of the Hungarian SVDs, and about that time, Copper Customs moved in with the cash and sealed the deal that others had worked to set up.

Again, this is hearsay, so I'll leave it up to you to believe it or not, and/or investigate the facts further.

If this is all true, some people would say, "that's just business". Others would say, "that's dirty pool", and I belong in that camp, so you know my bias. I'm an adherent of capitalism, but I prefer to practice it with a healthy dose of ethical responsibility and fairness.
Tim at Copper Custom is at the very least a hypocrite and continues to beg people to “hit that subscribe button”

·
Registered
993 Posts
I would have to say it goes both ways, you can occasionally sneak a deal from gunbroker, and yes there are deals on the trader here but you have to stare at it all day and be the first to type ILL TAKE IT!!! so if it is a deal it's gone in minutes.

It's not like the gunboards trader is all deals either, plenty of high prices to match what's happening on gunbroker and elsewhere
Yeah its funny how about 95% of the good deals on this forum are snagged up by the same 5% of forum users.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

I love staring at the Trader......I'll take it! LOL

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.