Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I had a friend in the army name Kent Marine. So he was an Army Private Marine. Basic Training was tough on him.

That is a great rifle.

·
Premium Member
105,717 Posts
What was the price if you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I had a rifle where the stock had the nosecap cut off just like this one. It probably was to accommodate the same bayonet mount but I had no idea at the time. The stock also had the Deutsches Reich marking like yours.

Great find!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Awe-some rifle! Whooze it belong to?

When I was a Training Coordinator in the RAG squadron in 1981-83, I had a steady stream of fresh-out-of-recruit training sailors to assign to technical training and otherwise look out for their welfare. My three favorite names (in order of priority):

John Senior, Jr.

Hoss Something-or-other

John Dickover

Reminds me of "A Boy Named Sue"...

·
Copper Bullet Member
12,758 Posts
Let me add two comments

How about an AF Sgt whose last name was Sargent? His military life was kinda miserable.

As for "captured" my late Dad recalls all kinds of arms/militeria being piled in the streets after Germany fell. GIs picked what they wanted and either cut them to fit a duffel or had a box made to fit disassembled ones. Longer arms may have been destroyed as too hard to ship anything over a certain length.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Oh very nice! Was able to acquire one of my own last year in a 3 rifle deal. No mark on top of the receiver, but DR marked on the stock and re-stamped serials.

Does yours have any restamped serials, or unit marks?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.